Scored an interview!! Now, questions....pls r/o!

So, I finally got a call back for a freelance/on-call position w/ a MAC at Macy's!

I was told it would be a two hour interview w/ the first part as a sit down, face to face interview and the second part (if they like me) will already be a demo! So they asked me to bring in a model! Of course I'm super excited and scared!!

I've been doing some at-home makeovers & practicing...I hope I'm ready for this. My biggest concern is that I cannot use my fingers for anything...I'm a big finger user! I understand them not wanting people to use their fingers though. I'm just so used to using them, mostly for blending e/s, concealer, etc. Any tips for people like me?? lol

Like can anyone run down what they use for blending and whatnot? And any other tips, advice...anything to help me?? Thank you!
winks.gif

Katura

They will supply you with brushes. PLEASE do not rub your customers face with your fingers, also (I know you wouldnt...but a friendly reminder) DO NOT blow on your customers face to get rid of excess shadow/powder/anything...gross. (We had a girl ccome in for a demo interview and she was huffing and puffing all over her models face...and it was disgusting.)

For concealor blending:use a really stiff brush (242 252 190 191...)
To blend eye shadow: Use a super fluffy brush...(249? I think?) anyway, something fluffy.

Don't get me wrong though, you can TOUCH your model. but only for balance when putting on products like shadow, liner, concealor, brows...Just dont blend with your #1 brush (pointer finger)

<3 HTH Have fun!

Rules for interviewing at various locations??

Hi. I was just wondering if anyone can tell me if this is okay or not. I applied at about eight MAC's and two have already called me back for interviews....is it okay to do this?

One specifically said it's for freelance/on call (Macy's), the other (Nordstrom) didn't specify but I went ahead and scheduled both.

Just wanted to make sure this isn't a no-no or something.

Thanks as usual!!

FacesbyNiki

Re: Rules for interviewing at various locations??

No, that's fine. I went on multiple interviews at different locations.

Taking time off work for MAC interviews :(

Anyone else experience having a current full time job while transitioning to MAC? Or any makeup counter for that matter?

The two interviews I have set up w/ MAC are in the middle of the day during the week; I was too scared to try & negotiate a better time w/ them since I want this job so bad. Luckily they are on the same day so I just have to take one day off, at this point. But reading thru so many threads and seeing how most people have 3-5 interviews w/ them, I'm worried about all the time I may need to take off.

Would it be really bad form for me to tell them I can't do middle of the day, middle of the work week interviews if they need me to come back? I mean, as much as I want a job w/ MAC and as *bad* as I want to leave my current job, it's still important to me to not make my bosses mad at my current job. Will MAC understand this?
th_dunno.gif

Thank you!

amoona

They understand that you have another job but scheduling interviews on the weekends NEVER happens (at least at my counter). Weekends are way too busy for them to be interviewing you but every location and manager is different so just ask.

FacesbyNiki

Yeah, I have a full time job and I just told my boss that I was interviewing for the position. My coworkers know I do make up and this is my dream job so they understood. I told them, I wasn't sure when the interviews would be (explained the MAC craziness) and if we could work around it. They said it was fine. But MAC does understand that you have another job. You should have asked where there other times and explained your full time and that this is happening so fast and your excited. Speak with a smile, they can tell.

Chrissi Star

I had a fulltime job too. MAC was sooo much my dream job I completely did whatever I had to do to get in to interview! They also only had weekday interviews available during the day, even when asked for a few options. I ended up having to tell my dm that I was looking for a second job, and I had to take days off. I ended up taking the full time position and quitting my then fulltime job, so it all worked out in the end! Lol. Best of luck in your interviews!

Thanks so much everyone!! I am now a freelancer and so happy and excited!!
th_DANCE.gif

I had a Nordstrom counter that was really interested in me but only had part time shifts available...the manager sounded bummed I couln't take that job and said I was on the top of her list once a full time position opened up; esp. now that I'm on the freelance list. This is all coming from a girl who's first post on here was just about two weeks ago and asked if I even had a chance at MAC!

I'm so happy & feel really proud of myself. Thanks for all your help and information!!