Sea Myth vs Almond Icing from sweetie cake quad

coachkitten

I thought that Sea Myth had a little more sheen to it than almond icing but they are pretty darn close to each other!

koolmnbv

sea myth is identical to seedy pearl I swatched them side by side in the store and I could not see a difference at all

mima

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolmnbv
sea myth is identical to seedy pearl I swatched them side by side in the store and I could not see a difference at all

they are similar but not identical. when i swatched them on my ggg skin they looked quite different. even the MA said so. but they looked more similar on her ppp skin. but they honestly are similar enough that i shouldn't have bought sea myth - i just couldn't resist
smiles.gif

koolmnbv

when I swatched them (im NW25) they looked IDENTICAL and thats exactly why I didnt buy it, I mean they were exactly the same to the point I could not tell the difference. Of course If it would have even been a little off I would have bought it lol so I can understand you buying it!!!hehe

ledonatella

I really think it depends on your skin tone, on me they are different enough which is good cause I hate Seedy Pearl but like Sea Myth, on some people they are identical. They look very close, but seriously on me I can see a difference, not a huge one, but I don't have that grey undertone I do with Seedy Pearl/Vex/Almond Icing. Maybe some pople don't get that cast on their skin, but I do. Same reason I can't wear Gorgeous Gold, it looks green, but some people it's an awesome yellow gold. What things look like on a GGG NW40 (what I wish I was, LOL) say isn't the same on a LLL NC20 (what i am but more yellowy, yuck!)

pumpkincat210

yes I swatched them in the store and just couldn't bring myself to buy Sea Myth since i have 2 seedy pearls and an almond icing.

koolmnbv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledonatella
I really think it depends on your skin tone, on me they are different enough which is good cause I hate Seedy Pearl but like Sea Myth, on some people they are identical. They look very close, but seriously on me I can see a difference, not a huge one, but I don't have that grey undertone I do with Seedy Pearl/Vex/Almond Icing. Maybe some pople don't get that cast on their skin, but I do. Same reason I can't wear Gorgeous Gold, it looks green, but some people it's an awesome yellow gold. What things look like on a GGG NW40 (what I wish I was, LOL) say isn't the same on a LLL NC20 (what i am but more yellowy, yuck!)

Yup, I agree 100% ! Because on me they were identical (sea myth and seedy pearl) but I could definitely see a difference w. almond icing and w. vex.! I also know what you mean about that grey tone I kinda/sorta get it w. vex not w. seedy pearl though its just weird how certain things are so different on diff. ppl
oh.gif
)

AriannaErin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledonatella
Same reason I can't wear Gorgeous Gold, it looks green, but some people it's an awesome yellow gold.

Just wanted to say that I have the same problem with Gorgeous gold. I was sooo excited to have it since it was so pretty on others, but it's so green on me
ssad.gif
I can only use it with my Greens now
ssad.gif

2_pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I thought that Sea Myth had a little more sheen to it than almond icing but they are pretty darn close to each other!

agreed

Katgirl625

Quote:
Originally Posted by junealexandra
I have both and Sea Myth and Almond Icing are exactly the same on me. I'm a C3.

Thanks, now I know I'm not dreaming - I go back and forth between C3 and NC30, and I think they're identical.