Search features

thelilprincess

is there a way we can use the search to find exact words? i find that when i type "Hug Me" or "Viva Glam V" that it will come up will all posts that have the word "hug" "hugs" "me" "viva" "glam" etc....basically individual words. i tried to use quotes to find only those with "hug me" but that didn't work.

Tash

I actually prefer the search the way it is because then if I don't have the exact wording, I don't miss the posts that I actually wanted.

thelilprincess

i'm not suggesting to do away with the current search method - only to improve and allow us to do a narrower search. i've used search engines on Pubmed (scientific articles) and when you use quotations, you basically search for exact wording as typed within the quotes. you could still search without using the quotations, but then it will be a broad search including any of the words typed in the search box.

it just would make it easier to go through the forum if i could type "viva glam v" and get results with that exact phrase. where as if i just typed viva glam v, i end up with anything from viva glam I, II, II, IV, V, and VI.