Seminars and Lessons, a Quick Guide

mrschavez89

has anyone ever heard of Inner Beauty Acadamy? I was wondering if this little one week course is worth my time and money

I wanted to add information about a So. Cal. school that just opened -- see link below:

Tricia Sawyer Beauty

My friend and fellow make-up artist, Tricia Sawyer, has decided to open up a school -- finally! She is one of the most sought after artists in the film and television industry. Please check out the link above if you are interested and her IMDB status. A few of her clients include -- Sharon Stone, Jessica Alba, Lindsay Lohan, Kate Beckinsale, Scarlett Johannson, Brittany Murphy, Regina King and many, many, male celebrities. If you want to learn from someone directly in the industry, then I highly recommend taking advantage of her offer.

SeXy MAC LuveR

YES!! I wanna know too!!! Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
Any recs for any seminars or lessons in LA or Southern California? Thanks
smiles.gif

Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeXy MAC LuveR
YES!! I wanna know too!!!

So I take it no one found any place that offers classes in LA or OC Areas that doesnt cost thousands?

aeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
I added info on Dick Smith's correspondence course, and the North Carolina School of the Arts' programmes, as they are definately worth noting.

I'm considering adding a listing of makeup school which are well-known/respected, though there are many existing listings of that nature elsewhere.

Anything that you ladies would like to see added to this?

Vancouver Film School's makeup design for film/tv is year round too.

Also the lastest issue of MUA magazine has school listings and reviews in the states and around the world.

DiorLover

For those of you in No. and So. Cal, I know a few working professional MU Artist that on occasion hold workshops, seminars, etc. I will post info if any of them decided to hold classes.

pop violet

Makeup Geek Seminars?

I haven't checked her site in a few months but just noticed she's now holding seminars. I LOVE her tutorials, especially her MAC Barbie one, and was wondering if anyone has ever gone to one and your opinions as far as how much knowledge you got out of the class. I was thinking about going to the NY one in May. What do you think?

Thanks!

ShugAvery2001

For Chicago Folk,,

I'm registering for a Bridal Make-up Seminar with these folks

Make Up News Events In Chicago

Their seminar is Saturday, July 18, 2009 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
$450

Make UP First School has a good reputation

YouTube - Make Up First School - Chicago

Make Up First , LLC (the “School”), is currently the only comprehensive, certificate program in Illinois dedicated solely to the art of makeup. The School provides an intensive series of makeup artistry classes, which, if satisfactorily completed, will result not only in the issuance of a certificate of completion from the school, but also from the State of Illinois.

The school is located at:

28 East Jackson Blvd
Suite 1910
Chicago IL 60604

In addition to the five core courses offered for certification, students will also be offered the opportunity to enroll in advanced classes for on-going education in the field of makeup artistry.

All courses are taught in a lecture/hands-on workshop format, thereby providing the students with much-needed application practice.

* Make Up First School is currently applying for registration as a sponsor for continuing education under the Illinois Barber Cosmetology, Esthetics and Nail Technology Act. Approval should be granted for Winter 2008.

* The school has been added to the Career Information System at :: Welcome to One Source ::

* Make Up First School is a MAC-approved school. For those employed by Estee Lauder, check employee handbook for tuition reimbursment.

Hilly

You can always call MAC and get on their list for classes/lessons. You usually have to buy an amount of products, but you get the class free. I enjoy them!

kammyks

Hi Peeps

I am looking for experienecd MUA who currently works within the Indian bridal makeup Industry who can tailor make a course to suite what I want to learn. I just need to know about eyeshadow colours, techniques, Bindis etc. I am based in UK (Kent area) so if anybody knows of a MUA who can help it would be great and of course I would pay them.

I just need to know if I am doing it right and where i can improve etc. I have asked a couple of MUA i know through friends but they were not willing to help even though i would pay them. One admitted to a friend that she did not want the competion so if there is anyone who is interested please respond back. Thanks

alli579

I've just completed a course with The Makeup Studio in Philadelphia, PA. The classes are taught by Mindy Tamaccio, a highly reputable artist in this area. As far as I know, they are the only professional studio offering makeup classes in the Philly area. They classes they offer are: Intro to Makeup, Career and Portfolio Development, Airbrush, and Bridal.

Mindy is really great, and class sizes are very small. I learned a ton, and I plan on taking the other courses offered as soon as I can!

Check them out at The Makeup Studio, Inc. - Home. (Course dates aren't updated, but you can email them and they'll send you everything.)

Enjoy!