Sephora Brand Make Up Artist Brush Belt Set

MAC'sMyBF

Hi there all, I am considering buying the Sephora Brand Make Up Artist Brush Belt Set, but since its a big chunk of change($275) I really wanted to get some feedback from people who have bought and/or tested out this set.

Here's Sephora's sescription: "Sephora's Brush Belt includes fifteen deluxe, professional brushes that will never leave you at a loss for makeup application. Every brush imaginable is at your fingertips, so you can create a professional makeup look anytime. The brushes come in Sephora's Makeup Artist Brush Belt case, made of easy-to-clean faux leather, with interior nylon pockets on the left and the right that are made to fit all brush sizes, and center pockets designed for a Kabuki brush on top and a bronzer brush underneath. An adjustable strap allows for the belt to be comfortably worn around the waist or over-the-shoulder. When you're done, simply cover brushes with the nylon flap, then fold the belt in half and close with the attached strap." And a link: Sephora: SEPHORA COLLECTION Make Up Artist Brush Belt Set ($422 Value): Brush Sets

So my questions for you:
1. Brush quality?
2. Are the brushes the same as their individualy sold counterparts, or do they have different, special packaging? B/c from the picture all of the handles look silver like their Professional Platinum line but I know some of the brushes included in this set are not from the Platinum line and should have black handles.
3. Is it worth the 275 whatever dollars?
4. O ya pictures are greatly appreciated!

Thanks all!

MzzRach

I've not seen or worked with this set - but I imagine if you want and would use all the brushes that it comes with, it might be a decent deal. The Sephora brushes are pretty good quality, in my experience.

If you already own a number of good brushes, you might want to consider buying an empty brush belt, using your existing brushes with it and adding new brushes to it on an ongoing basis. That way you have a set of brushes that you know are suited to you.

Mabelle

Those are the brush belts/brushes that we use at Sephora. Yes, they are good quality.
I have used most of these at work, especially the face brushes. The large bronzer type kabuki is a gem. The blush brush is great too. As is the angle brush (eye) and crease brush. I don't use angle brushes for the face often, but this is nice quality too. While i like the "skunk brush" Mac's is better.
IMO, this kit is missing some fantastic brushes, but if you don't have many brushes at all, this is probably a good starter for you. Especially considering these are all upwards of 20$.

Other great brushes to look at individually buying are
Bronzer brush no. 44 or platinum no 48
Mineral Powder brush no 45 ( LOVEEEE)
round smudge brush no. 12
Platinum airbrush no 34
angled eyeliner brush no 23

ps the flawless face brush by BE is a great blush brush.

shatteredshards

Are the brushes sold with the belt also available separately? If they are, you could consider stopping in your local Sephora to get a look at them.

Personally, the Sephora brushes I have - Professionnel line - I've been less than impressed with, and the only one I'm getting any use out of is the brow brush, because my less-expensive takalon brushes perform multiple times better with mineral makeup.

Latest posts