sephora brand makeup

Pink_minx

I was thinking of getting a lipgloss at sephora from the sephora collection. I see so many pretty colors is there any difference between the Sephora lipglosses and MAC lipglosses. I usually use MAC but I like one color that I want to get from sephora. So im not sure.

Jennifer Mcfly

The lipglosses in the tube from Sephora reminds me exactly like MAC's lipgelee's, as far as the texture is concerned. The Sephora ones have a little more color as the MAC's are really sheer. I haven't tried anything else from Sephora except their brushes and there spray stuff that is like MAC's Fix+ spray...
HTH!!
smiles.gif

Shoe Crazy

I haven't tried their glosses although I have been tempted to many times. I do have their bronzer and I liked it until I discovered NARS Laguna bronzer.

gambitlizard

Don't know about the glosses, but their e/s are good. Nicely pigmented, sheer and buildable colour.
HTH,
Kim

Rowan

Sephora's lipglosses are OK. I prefer the ones in the wand tube to the squeeze tube. They last longer on me. I also like the slim eye & lip pencils and the blushes.

Pink_minx

I went to sephora the other day and tried on their lipgloss it gave me a weird feeling for some reason and right now my lips are itching like hell! I think im allergic to something in there lipglosses ugh!

xiahe

i've never tried their glosses, but i like their eyeshadows...very well pigmented. i was swatching a bunch on my arm and they all showed up nicely, even without a base!

LunaY

I think their makeup is pretty good, and cheap enough so that you can get one and if you don't like it you're not out $20.00. A friend of mine went to France a few summers ago and the Sephora there had Sephora brand loose eyeshadows that she swears by...she was so upset when she found that they didn't have them in the U.S. so now she barely uses them to save! That's an endorsement.

user3

The gloss is ok. I hope you didn't have an allergic reaction.
ssad.gif

I like their eyeliners and eyeshadow.
I miss their gloss lipstick! I do have to say of the of the newer ones are nice but just not same.

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink_minx
I went to sephora the other day and tried on their lipgloss it gave me a weird feeling for some reason and right now my lips are itching like hell! I think im allergic to something in there lipglosses ugh!

Oh no, that's too bad...I'm sorry they didn't work for you
ssad.gif

stacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazysexxykool
I just purchased the Sephora All Over Skin Liquid foundation for $5, great product.

P55415_hero.jpg

how is the coverage on those foundations? I'm looking for a good foundation/concealor/powder for my freelance business.

kimmy

is the sephora brand makeup good quality stuff? my best and i are going to sephora today and their brand is the cheapest stuff...and since i only have 25$ to spend, i want to get all i can hahaha. but is the sephora makeup worth it?

Jennifer Mcfly

there tube glosses remind me a little like MAC's lip gelee's. They are $10.
I've also heard good things about there $4 lip and eye pencils. Next time I go, I'm going to pick up some of there colored mascaras (they have blue and green), they are $10 as well. I'd stay away from the eyeshadows. I like there radiance flash spray...it's almost like Fix + in the sense that it refreshes the face but I've never used it as a medium w/ eyeshadow so I can't say if it works like Fix + in that regard.

user3

*merged with other Sephora brand thread*

BTW I think the line is pretty ok. I'd say the it's pretty similar to Hard Candy as far as quality wise.

pugmommy7

glad to read this as i have wondered about them, and never actually tried them, I only have a limited makeup allowance so I have to make sure i will really like something before I buy. with the exeption of glosses and mascara and foundation I tend to buy sesaonally. But I have been looking at some of thier brushes too.
would you say they are midline btwn drugstore and high end?
thanks for the feedback
smiles.gif