Sephora discontinuing Laura Geller and Cargo

LatteQueen

Just a very quick question?? Why is Sephora discontinuing Cargo and mostly Laura Geller at their stores? Is this Sephora's idea or the cosmetic companies ideas? thanks..

Also if a lot of these discontinued products are not in stock online then just take down that product..I went online to see if I could purchase any of LG'S items and it was always 'NOT IN STOCK'..so take it down...

SmokeSignal16

^I'm not sure why but I know Ulta carries Cargo and Laura Geller is through Macys and I think Ulta still also. Methinks it was a mutual decision to stop carrying it in Sephora on both sides but sometimes cosmetic companies make some crazy ass decisions.

LatteQueen

thanks...I was surprised at seeing this..I hope they get much more better brands in place of these two..Cargo wasn't so great..But Laura Geller has great products..oh well at least Ulta will keep selling these two brands..

SUMM3RxBABii

I think it's probably of the lack of sales. Because the most popular products they have are like from BE, UD, NARS and Too Faced.

SmokeSignal16

Cargo wasn't too bad, they had some gem products. I like their new waterproof eyeliners, and the beach blushes are pretty awesome too. I can not stand BE so I will do the biggest happy dance when that goes out the door. Laura Gellar I honestly never tried, I have a sample size blush that is not too bad but other than that I never really looked at the brand.

MzzRach

I know Laura Gellar has a strong relationship with QVC - that is one of that line's main retailers.

Sephora does turn over lines on a regular basis, so you never know what they will drop - if it does not sell at a certain level for them, then they will make room for something else that will.

LatteQueen

the hAPPY dance..lol...I know their min fondation is never recommended for af/am skintone..I get so many negative remarks from sales people on this..BE PRODUCTS..just the foundation...not sure of their e/s's though

LatteQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I know Laura Gellar has a strong relationship with QVC - that is one of that line's main retailers.

Sephora does turn over lines on a regular basis, so you never know what they will drop - if it does not sell at a certain level for them, then they will make room for something else that will.

__________________________________________________ __
^^^^^^^^ ok..I never knew that...the strong relationship part..I guess that's good..
I do wonder what line they'll get in next? the Sephora at the Mall of where I shop don't have the Illamasqua line yet...

LatteQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMM3RxBABii
I think it's probably of the lack of sales. Because the most popular products they have are like from BE, UD, NARS and Too Faced.

__________________________________________________ _________
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^lack of sales? at Sephora? and not Ulta? maybe she won't sell her products in there also...depending on sales in Ulta

kimmietrinh

I read on some other forum that those brands pull out because they make a bigger percentage of the profit through other stores (like Ulta, HSN, and such), and the fact that they don't sell as well in Sephora. I was also very bummed out when I found out about the sale, but it's all out of stock.

anita22

I can't see why they would pull out on their own accord - no company is going to say no to sales - so I assume it must be Sephora's decision. Unfortunately in any kind of retail environment, shelf space is real estate - brands have to consistently perform well in order to justify keeping product on the shelf. Like most retailers I'm sure Sephora monitor sales by product as well as brand, and if one is not delivering enough profit then it'll go - and the space will be used for something more profitable. Sad, but that's just the way it works.

divinemsn

I have noticed lately that Sephora has started selling a lot of products geared towards the younger crowd. I always though Laura Gellar was more for women in their 30s (and older). I was there last night and they have def moved things around. I'm scared that they're going to get rid of Tarte cause it was hidden away in a corner
ssad.gif

LatteQueen

I guess that's why Prescriptives is not being sold in the states anymore cause lack of sales? I wonder which beauty brand will take it's place in the dept stores now?

LatteQueen

I don't think they'll get rid of Tarte(hope Not). they(Sephora) want to keep the younger crowd...Sephora is like a kid's candy store. They'll just keep looking around for new beauty brands to sell in their stores. Like I never, ever even heard of Tarantino Makeup or even her herself. There's so many makeup brands out there we never even heard of and if Sephora does it homework to see how this brand sells they might just have it in their stores...

kc8

I noticed that at my store they got rid of Shiseido! I do believe that the more "mature" lines are being replaced by "younger" lines such as Tarantino or Pop.

LatteQueen

ur right...that's what dept stores are catered to...the 'mature woman'...Sephora is geared more to the young crowd..Can u imagine the 'mature woman' receiving those Sephora Catalogs in the mail??????????????? The Cover model and all her made up glory?........

BadBadGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmietrinh
I read on some other forum that those brands pull out because they make a bigger percentage of the profit through other stores (like Ulta, HSN, and such), and the fact that they don't sell as well in Sephora. I was also very bummed out when I found out about the sale, but it's all out of stock.

This makes sense, I would imagine that it is difficult for less known brands to sell especially well in a store like Sephora. Many customers probably only go to the brands they are familiar with or look specifically for an item they saw online or heard about from a friend. While it is fun to wander around the store, depending on where you live that is difficult if there are many people in the way.

HSN/QVC will always have their built in fanbase, and Ulta holds much less brands than Sephora so it is easier to stroll through that store. Now that I think about it, in my experience I have never seen an Ulta store packed unlike Sephora stores, and that is from visiting stores in different states.

Latest posts