Sephora: The Book

peacelover18

I flipped through it at the bookstore the other day. Didn't interest me - just gives the same old advice that we've heard a thousand times, while promoting the products they carry in their stores. It'll end up in the half-off bin in a couple months, I guarantee it.

Kuuipo

The book boat hasn't reached our shores yet.... (you know how you see Vogue or magazines atleast a week before the new month? We get our magazines a good six to eight days after the month starts...and subscriptions are even worse)

GlossyAbby

I got it and I like it. It does promote a lot of their products they sell but I love having a beauty book to look through on my night stand when I cant sleep
smiles.gif

.:jinx:.

i saw it at a bookstore, not very interesting it just looked like a book of advertisements for various products sold at sephora stores. id rather get another one of kevyn aucoins books.

Danapotter

I saw it at Barnes and Nobles today actually!

I flipped through it.....it seems like it has all the normal advice. I will wait until my local library gets it....I'm not spending money on it....doesn't seem too special.

winks.gif

coachkitten

I bought the Sephora book at Barnes & Noble yesterday. I mainly bought it because I love collecting makeup books. The tips are very basic and frankly you get a lot better and more advanced advice here on Specktra.

It is basically like a big Sephora catalog with tons of their best brands promoted again and again.

The one thing I like is some of the quotes and stories by the inventors of different brands like BE, BeneFit, DuWop, Too Faced, and others. That was really the only interesting part.

I think that this book would be great for people starting out as it goes over basic skin care, what different brushes do, and basic makeup tips. But for most Specktra guys/gals you will feel like you could have written the book yourself.
smiles.gif

newagetomatoz

I read the preview via the Barnes and Noble site, and I really wasn't impressed. I think it would end up being something I read to dumb my mind into sleep, but so can a magazine or Sephora catalogue. I might buy it from Amazon used if it is a decent, low price. lol

darkwater_soul

I really enjoyed this book. I saw it when it first came in shipment, and I was incredibly proud to see my company finally have it's own book. Yes, it's a beginner for all ind of thing. Most people are NOT artists, or skincare experts. It's great for ALL people. It basically gives you a Sephora SA in your home.

sadecki

I flipped through it at Borders. The artists' blurbs were interesting and I was interested in reading Sephora's top-selling products. Other than that, the advice seemed pretty standard.