Sephora VIB Sale November 2012?

CartoonChic

is anyone having problem placing and order and using that 20$ off? it keeps giving me message that it is invalid and also it does not let me use vib 10% off that i got with the reason "you have already used this code with your previous order" and i did not!!! uggghhhh i am so mad
Definitely call them.

Monsy

i used the gift card but did not let me use 10% off
so stupid

i got clarisonic brush replacement and lancome dual finish powder.

MissTT

When do these cards expire? I'm overwhelmed with purchases lately and really have no cosmetics to buy. I'm in the market for perfume so this coupon would be perfect for that, but I haven't been successful in finding anything I love yet despite my crapload of samples. Bah humbug!

prettygirl

I know this is a long shot! But if anyone is not going to use their gift card, I'd greatly appreciate it! I'm suppose to be a VIB already, but for some reason they didn't calculate one of my purchases that I made in a Sephora inside JCP! So annoying!! Thank you in advance, specktrettes!

MissTT

This is sort of OT, but I think I will get more responses and views here than if I start a new thread.

I purchased the bareMinerals Let It Glow set from Sephora on Black Friday which includes a bronzer and this bifurcated brush. I don't understand how or why one would use this brush with bronzer. Are you supposed to put bronzer on the cheek bone? Perhaps I'm getting it confused with contour powder. I don't know the difference. The only time I've seen a brush like this is in with a drugstore blush that was half blush and half bronzer/contour. It allowed to you to apply both products along the cheekbone in one swipe. Perhaps I just need a lesson in bronzer application, but any help would be appreciated.

shontay07108

Yesterday I got Beautiful Liar lipstick by Nars (always meant to get that, but forgot), A funky, slanted MUFE shadow brush (always wanted it) and Opulent lip gloss by Illamasqua. It's a really awesome color. The $20 helped, but those are not cheap items, so it still hurt. :lol:

kimibos

is the nars buffing brush good? like i love the yachiyo one but i dont know anything about this one. and i have to use the coupon. and still dont know what i want. i also dont have a buffing brush in my collection. i really wished they had all the other nars brushes.

CartoonChic

I used my coupon today. I got Black Dahlia and Radiate Lip Tars, and NARS Storm Bird polish. My total was exactly $50. I know I could've used the card for less than $50, but I'd have to pay for shipping. I really wanted those two Lip Tars since they were previously out of stock, so I added the polish to avoid shipping. The polish was something I was going to get eventually, and the savings to get it now is higher than the usual 20% off.

My account still hasn't updated to VIB, so I used the $15 amount I was given before it expires. I called and was told that I could get the missing $5 back once my account updates. When my account updates to VIB, I'll save the 10% off welcome coupon to use in January with another gift card I'm getting next week. That way the purchase will count towards qualifying for the next VIB year.

CartoonChic

is the nars buffing brush good? like i love the yachiyo one but i dont know anything about this one. and i have to use the coupon. and still dont know what i want. i also dont have a buffing brush in my collection. i really wished they had all the other nars brushes.
I'm curious about the buffing brush too. I don't see much mention about it. Probably because of the price. I wish I got the holiday brush set that came out last year. It included all three kabuki brushes and two others that came with the set. But I was still tiptoeing into makeup at the time and didn't know how great the set was. I hope they do something like that again next year.

sss215

I used my coupon today. I got Black Dahlia and Radiate Lip Tars, and NARS Storm Bird polish. My total was exactly $50. I know I could've used the card for less than $50, but I'd have to pay for shipping. I really wanted those two Lip Tars since they were previously out of stock, so I added the polish to avoid shipping. The polish was something I was going to get eventually, and the savings to get it now is higher than the usual 20% off. My account still hasn't updated to VIB, so I used the $15 amount I was given before it expires. I called and was told that I could get the missing $5 back once my account updates. When my account updates to VIB, I'll save the 10% off welcome coupon to use in January with another gift card I'm getting next week. That way the purchase will count towards qualifying for the next VIB year.
Welcome to VIB! I am going to place my lip tar order in the morning. I still have a few more to get. My order comes to 48.00 and I found a 2.00 sephora makeup bag to get me to 50.00. I love finding clearance items to fill in the void. If you search sale, and price them from low to high, you can get to the free shipping minimum in no time. With the 20.00 VIB gift card, I am getting my lip tars at such a good deal! I can't believe I made VIB again without even trying. Seems like once you make it to 350.00 the first year, it's easy to keep making it again and again. I really think my Illamasqua purchases (not sold at all Sephoras) made it happen for me this year. I kept going Bach for the beautiful blushes and shadows. Next year, I have NARS Luster and a host of skin care products to buy. I hope more lip tar colors show up in the stores as well, and MUFE makes some more aqua shadows and aqua creams. I love them!

sss215

I've never seen a brush like that before. No clue how to use it. I don't see it fitting across my cheekbones properly with my small face. Beautiful Liar is pretty. I was looking at it right before I read your post. I've added it to my to-buy list. There are several NARS lipsticks I keep meaning to get, but they always get pushed back for one reason or another. I'm going to plan to get them during the next VIB sale. I'm also going to branch out into Illamasqua next year. I'm interested in their lipsticks, glosses and polishes. I'm curious about the buffing brush too. I don't see much mention about it. Probably because of the price. I wish I got the holiday brush set that came out last year. It included all three kabuki brushes and two others that came with the set. But I was still tiptoeing into makeup at the time and didn't know how great the set was. I hope they do something like that again next year.
I have Botan and love it! I posted a review on it along time ago when I got it. You can find it by searching the NARS boards

MissTT

Quote: Originally Posted by CartoonChic
I'm curious about the buffing brush too. I don't see much mention about it. Probably because of the price. I wish I got the holiday brush set that came out last year. It included all three kabuki brushes and two others that came with the set. But I was still tiptoeing into makeup at the time and didn't know how great the set was. I hope they do something like that again next year.

I wanted that set last year too, but it was WAY out of my comfort zone price-wise. I probably would have picked it up this year... w/ a coupon LOL. I haven't seen a ton of reviews on Botan, but instead tons of comments about how expensive it is. From the reviews I have found I think it's a good brush. I'd use a GiltCity-type coupon to get it though.

kimibos

is a buffing brush good for dry, sensitive, from hell kinda skin type??? i honestly dont know what to get and i have to buy something i deserve that gift card
girlhaha.gif

CartoonChic

I wanted that set last year too, but it was WAY out of my comfort zone price-wise. I probably would have picked it up this year... w/ a coupon LOL. I haven't seen a ton of reviews on Botan, but instead tons of comments about how expensive it is. From the reviews I have found I think it's a good brush. I'd use a GiltCity-type coupon to get it though.
OK, I think I'll plan to get Botan next year. I'll probably buy two of those GiltCity coupons.

MissTT

I would have snagged 2 GiltCity coupons if they weren't expiring so soon and/or they didn't come out so close to the 20% off sales.

CartoonChic

I hope more lip tar colors show up in the stores as well, and MUFE makes some more aqua shadows and aqua creams. I love them!
Lol, I know what bag you're talking about. I was originally going to get three Lip Tars. The third one was going to be Trollop. I was $2 shy of free shipping and saw the cosmetic bag. I also saw a Sephora nail file for $2. But Trollop is included in a set I want to get at Beauty.com, so I went with the nail polish instead.

I also know what you mean about making VIB. I'll be half way there again when I make my new order in January.

shontay07108

I've never seen a brush like that before. No clue how to use it. I don't see it fitting across my cheekbones properly with my small face. Beautiful Liar is pretty. I was looking at it right before I read your post. I've added it to my to-buy list. There are several NARS lipsticks I keep meaning to get, but they always get pushed back for one reason or another. I'm going to plan to get them during the next VIB sale. I'm also going to branch out into Illamasqua next year. I'm interested in their lipsticks, glosses and polishes. I'm curious about the buffing brush too. I don't see much mention about it. Probably because of the price. I wish I got the holiday brush set that came out last year. It included all three kabuki brushes and two others that came with the set. But I was still tiptoeing into makeup at the time and didn't know how great the set was. I hope they do something like that again next year.
You know, Illamasqua is a brand that I'm not crazy about. Maybe you'll have more success than I did. Only certain items work for me. There's this funky purple/black lipstick that I like (can't recall the name) and the gloss I bought the other day. The nail polishes don't wear as well on my hands as they do my toes. They don't last like say, Zoya or China Glaze. Nars lipsticks are incredible! Here's some of my favorites if you want to look into them: Mayflower, Pago Pago, Niagara, Casablanca, Autumn Leaves, Barbarella, Honolulu Honey, Flair and Roman Holiday.

CartoonChic

Nars lipsticks are incredible! Here's some of my favorites if you want to look into them: Mayflower, Pago Pago, Niagara, Casablanca, Autumn Leaves, Barbarella, Honolulu Honey, Flair and Roman Holiday.
That's good to know about Illamasqua. I'll start slow and will try one thing at a time to see how I like them. I'll also make sure to buy the items from Sephora so I can return anything without any issues.

Casablanca is one of the lipsticks I keep meaning to get along with Blonde Venus. I remember swatching Honolulu Honey on my lips and thought it looked weird. The MUA recommended Blonde Venus instead. I have Autumn Leaves, but haven't looked at the other colors you've mentioned. Now I have to check them out. You're probably making my list even longer.

Latest posts