Sephora's Reigning Beauties: Ariel - The Little Mermaid

Spectacular

I also missed the palette again! Oh well! In store will have to be the winner!
The first come first served thing would have been fine, but there were more issues to it than that. There was the first incorrect date of June, there was the fact that none of the staff members seemed willing or able to even explain when the item would appear. "Sometime by the end of summer" is a little extreme, I mean come on...people have work, take vacations... There was the fact there was no limit on the amounts you could purchase, that some VIBS didn't get an initial email AND that a few individuals who contacted Sephora about it were basically told that only some VIBS received the emails per Sephora's orders.

Now I know I didn't receive an early email and if more than a few people report being told by customer service that they didn't make the 'cut' I'd certainly like to know why.

I'm bummed, but I'm not angry at anyone who got an email and rightfully purchased the product that's the way its supposed to be, lol
type.gif

I'm more angry at Sephora that they might have intentionally excluded some people who have been loyal to their company to the annual tune of $350 (not much, but still money I'd have spent other places if I felt Sephora didn't appreciate it).

It'd be like if MAC actually sent emails on time to only SOME customers and made sure they intentionally got a jump on everyone else. MAC sending emails on time? What am I saying, lol?
girlhaha.gif

brittbby

The first come first served thing would have been fine, but there were more issues to it than that. There was the first incorrect date of June, there was the fact that none of the staff members seemed willing or able to even explain when the item would appear. "Sometime by the end of summer" is a little extreme, I mean come on...people have work, take vacations... There was the fact there was no limit on the amounts you could purchase, that some VIBS didn't get an initial email AND that a few individuals who contacted Sephora about it were basically told that only some VIBS received the emails per Sephora's orders.

Now I know I didn't receive an early email and if more than a few people report being told by customer service that they didn't make the 'cut' I'd certainly like to know why.

I'm bummed, but I'm not angry at anyone who got an email and rightfully purchased the product that's the way its supposed to be, lol
type.gif

I'm more angry at Sephora that they might have intentionally excluded some people who have been loyal to their company to the annual tune of $350 (not much, but still money I'd have spent other places if I felt Sephora didn't appreciate it).

It'd be like if MAC actually sent emails on time to only SOME customers and made sure they intentionally got a jump on everyone else. MAC sending emails on time? What am I saying, lol?
girlhaha.gif
Lol! I guess I just went with what someone told me earlier on this thread, if you check specktra, you won't miss anything. True story- I was able to get the mirror just didn't act fast enough on the palette. I didn't receive an email and have spent more than enough to be VIB Rouge... Oh well... I wish that would stop be from buying from Sephora. lol

hwdsprincess

Yay finally received my shipping notification, I was starting to get a little worried! Whew! Seeing the pics kinda wish I would of got another for my best friend; bride to be, her colors are mint greenish and that mirror would be so cute, well if they pop again ill try again

queenblenda

Yay finally received my shipping notification, I was starting to get a little worried! Whew! Seeing the pics kinda wish I would of got another for my best friend; bride to be, her colors are mint greenish and that mirror would be so cute, well if they pop again ill try again
i just got mine also was getting a little nervous too im always paranoid when i dont get shipping conformations fast with limited collections like this

prettypink29

I'm going to be on the hunt for that too! If it doesn't come online, I'll be sure to alert everyone if I see it in stores. :)
Great! Thanks so much, this item is a must have for me. I've been looking forward to this palette since I heard about it. I will also post on here when I see it in my local sephora!

brittbby

Great! Thanks so much, this item is a must have for me. I've been looking forward to this palette since I heard about it. I will also post on here when I see it in my local sephora!
I didn't know it was the last princess collection so now its a must for me too! :( I didn't get any of the other ones... I should've got the Jasmine one. Boo.

StephyDee

I didn't know it was the last princess collection so now its a must for me too! :( I didn't get any of the other ones... I should've got the Jasmine one. Boo.
I'm in the same boat here. I didn't know this was the last one, and I'm currently loving this last one the most (go figure it'd be the most trouble
001_unsure.gif
). Although, since I have no Sephora even remotely nearby, this is my only feasible option. I also don't feel like spending over $200 for the palette and mirror on ebay, because that's just ridiculous.Sad part is that people actually will. I've seen it already. There's someone on there trying to sell all three Storylook palettes for almost $500.
amazed.gif
It's cray cray!

CartoonChic

I also want to thank everyone for the feedback about my beauty personal shopper idea. I currently have 3 "clients" and I have already found items that they've requested. This includes the Ariel miror and even a discontinued BNIB Chanel nail polish. The idea is a success in only it's first day! I feel like it's meant to be. I'm definitely going to pursue this further.

cheerleader.gif
th_thstars.gif
cheerleader.gif

LiliV

There's someone on there trying to sell all three Storylook palettes for almost $500. 
amazed.gif
 It's cray cray!
This blows my mind, like the Sephora Disney collections are pretty and fun etc but the recent craze is just confusing me a little. I feel like ever since Ariel was announced the collections have been elevated to holy grail status and everyone's going nuts. The Cinderella mirror was always a hot ticket (still didn't sell out anywhere near as fast as Ariel though) but besides that nothing was like causing panics lol. Jasmine stuff sold out quickly but again it wasn't as fast as Ariel. I don't know if it's maybe bc Ariel's supposedly the last one or the botched launch but I feel like ever since Ariel was announced people went into a frenzy for all of the collections, hence ridiculous eBay prices for all pieces and stuff. Just reflecting on the craziness! Lol

luvlydee

i just got my palette, i love the colors but the palette itself is smaller than i thought (i never seen the other story palettes in person) so im glad i didnt pay any ebay prices for this and waited til it was released again in sephora. phew! i made room in my muji storage for this book. at first i was going to just stand it up like a book but it didnt make much sense since i dont have the first 2 lol
I also want to thank everyone for the feedback about my beauty personal shopper idea. I currently have 3 "clients" and I have already found items that they've requested. This includes the Ariel miror and even a discontinued BNIB Chanel nail polish. The idea is a success in only it's first day! I feel like it's meant to be. I'm definitely going to pursue this further.

cheerleader.gif
th_thstars.gif
cheerleader.gif
yaaay! im glad your excited about this. it truly is a great idea for people who dont have the time or patience lol