Serious Foundation Issues..Please Help! :(

revinn

Ok, so, I have very light skin (paler then NC15 in SFF). Because of this, I'm limited in the foundations I can use. Lately I've been using Studio Sculpt in NC15, which I loved. For the past three or four months, however, I've been having some problems with it.

-It's been oxidizing.
-It sinks into the large pores on my cheeks and looks GROSS.
-In certain areas, it looks dry and flaky.
-It no longer blends on my nose.

It doesn't matter if I use primer (Prep and Prime) beforehand, or MAC's setting powder (Prep and Prime) after. I've noticed that lately my skin has been more oily but also dryer, so maybe it's a skincare issue?

I'm willing to try any foundation (it needs to have high coverage though), any tricks, skincare tips, ANYTHING! I'm desperate..I have no acne, but I have scarring, large pores, and an uneven skintone, so I need foundation to look polished. What should I do?
th_dunno.gif

Any help would be SO appreciated!

elektra513

I don't have an answer about foundation (other than to try something non-MAC) but if your skin is oily yet dry, then yes you should look closer at your skin care regimen. Something you are doing or not doing is causing that.

What's your skin routine?

revinn

I use Aveeno Positively Radiant face pads every night (they remove makeup well and exfoliate lightly), then I pat on Bio Oil while my face is still wet, wait for that to dry, then apply my prescription topical acne cream (Clindasol Cream). I wear a light Dove moisturizer with SPF 15 in the day.

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by revinn
I use Aveeno Positively Radiant face pads every night (they remove makeup well and exfoliate lightly), then I pat on Bio Oil while my face is still wet, wait for that to dry, then apply my prescription topical acne cream (Clindasol Cream). I wear a light Dove moisturizer with SPF 15 in the day.

Hmm, this might sound weird, but maybe your skin is going oily because its drying out from your px cream. You should consider using a moisturizer at night.

I am not familiar with the Bio Oil, but if you decide to try a moisturizer at the end, try to leave the skin a little damp or moist (might be a little difficult with what you have to use, but give it a shot). Hopefully the skin will normalize quickly, and you'll use less of each product too.

I use a rx and another serious skin product so I know it can be tricky.

ForgetRegret

2 things;
1. your foundation may be old...if it's just suddenly oxidizing on you, I'd toss it. My skin's way oily too, and I'm loving Illamasqua's foundations...I've got their rich liquid and powder, they're both awesome, and I love the powder much more than studio fix...and they actually have it in my color. They're worth looking into.
2. I use some heavy duty stuff on my face, too, I have a very strong prescription for Retin-A that I put on at night, Benzoyl Peroxide for the day, and Clindamyacin (that's SO not spelled right...) for both, so my skin can get WAY dry. It's hard to put moisturizer over the Retin-A because it just balls up, so I wait about 20-30 minutes after I've put it on, and spritz my face with Charged Water (of course, Fix + will work just as well) until it's damp, but not soaked. It's been doing a great job at keeping my skin nice. Also, I don't know what you're doing with your face in the morning, but you need to get that residue off of there, so you may want to swipe your face with some toner. I've stopped washing my face in the morning, and started using Neutrogena's Pore Refining toner...it's doing great things for me. HTH!

xphoenix06

The only foundation from MAC that I know for sure that doesn't oxidize like crazy is the Studio Fix Powder. From what the MAs tell me, any foundation can oxidize, because of the oil you produce on your face throughout the day. I think they told me that the oil mixes with the foundation and makes it darker. If you have a MAC or any other cosmetic stand/store near you, you should go talk to the MAs there about it.

Holy Rapture

Revinn, if you don't mind trying a drugstore brand, I'd suggest Revlon Color Stay Foundation in Ivory. I'm an NC20 and use the same foundation in Buff. The texture and coverage is amazing! Plus, it's easy on the pocket
smiles.gif