Shadestick/paint pot help

Fataliya

I have one of each, but don't quite know how to use them as an eyeshadow base.

Do you ONLY put it on the lid, or do you put it everywhere there's color (minus the highlight)??

nunu

If it is a neutral base then you can apply it all over the lid and then place the eyeshadow on top.

If it was a coloured base then just apply it underneath where you are going to apply the coloured eyeshadow.

Hope this helps.

Skin*Deep

if I'm doing a dark paint like art jam, I put it in the shape I want depending on how dramatic I am going, usually out a little and up into the crease. If i'm doing light eyes and using like soft ochre or painterly, then I put it all over, even where I do my highlight.......it depends what you are doing with it I guess, I use UDPP under it too, some people don't do that but man UDPP and paint pots = all day eyes!!

AliVix1

can i add a question to this.. do paint pots, paints, or shadesticks give the most color pop in general.. i know you'd prob have to base this off of what color you are looking for but does anyone have a general answer?

Fataliya

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliVix1
can i add a question to this.. do paint pots, paints, or shadesticks give the most color pop in general.. i know you'd prob have to base this off of what color you are looking for but does anyone have a general answer?

I dunno...my shadestick is sharkskin, and I don't even know what colors look good over it.

My paint pot is Bare Study.

Penn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataliya
I dunno...my shadestick is sharkskin, and I don't even know what colors look good over it.

My paint pot is Bare Study.

I have both sharkskin and bare study. With Sharkskin, it's good for smokey looks and in my opinion intensifies the colours. If you use this under eyeshadows that have that duo colour [I can't remember what it's called] it will change the colours of shadows. For example stars and rocket over sharkskin turns it into a deep blue-ish purple colour. I hope this makes sense.

With Bare Study, you can use it with pretty much everything, it will add a bit of shimmer to your eyeshadows and give it a pop of colour.

I think you should try layering your eye shadows over the bases as swatches on your arm and see how they turn out.

I'm sorry if this was really confusing I'm not very good at explaining. Hope that helps though.

ETA: You can use neutral colours all over your eyes but for something with colour, I think it's best to stay with the lids.

Fataliya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn
I have both sharkskin and bare study. With Sharkskin, it's good for smokey looks and in my opinion intensifies the colours. If you use this under eyeshadows that have that duo colour [I can't remember what it's called] it will change the colours of shadows. For example stars and rocket over sharkskin turns it into a deep blue-ish purple colour. I hope this makes sense.

With Bare Study, you can use it with pretty much everything, it will add a bit of shimmer to your eyeshadows and give it a pop of colour.

I think you should try layering your eye shadows over the bases as swatches on your arm and see how they turn out.

I'm sorry if this was really confusing I'm not very good at explaining. Hope that helps though.

ETA: You can use neutral colours all over your eyes but for something with colour, I think it's best to stay with the lids.

Thanks! I have quite a few duochrome colors from Fyrrinae...I'll have to try those over Sharkskin, see how they look!!

L1LMAMAJ

I use paint pot as a base to keep my eyeshadows from creasing. However, I also use colored paint pots to make certain colors pop. For example, I use Delft paint pot (blue-ish) under Club (blue-green with red-brown undertone) eyeshadow to make the blue/green color pop. It really makes a difference!