Share your crazy theft/shoplifting stories!

gigiopolis

^ Generally, I don't think that people who are dumb enough to steal in the first place really think things through. They're rather impulsive if they're just gonna steal a lipstick or something. So I think the reasoning that a tester is more "free" than a new product would come more readily to them than stealing the actual product and trying to claim it as previously owned.

Plus, I feel like picking up a tester wouldn't be as noticeable. They're expecting you to test out the testers anyway, so if you picked one up no one would suspect you of anything. Then, after picking it up and checking if the coast is clear, they can probably just conceal it and walk away or make a break for it.

KJBarbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigiopolis
^ Generally, I don't think that people who are dumb enough to steal in the first place really think things through. They're rather impulsive if they're just gonna steal a lipstick or something. So I think the reasoning that a tester is more "free" than a new product would come more readily to them than stealing the actual product and trying to claim it as previously owned.

Plus, I feel like picking up a tester wouldn't be as noticeable. They're expecting you to test out the testers anyway, so if you picked one up no one would suspect you of anything. Then, after picking it up and checking if the coast is clear, they can probably just conceal it and walk away or make a break for it.

LoL maybe I'm just one of those weird ppl that will notice you walked off with my tester before I'd notice an actual product was missing. If I noticed product was missing I'd probably assume we sold it or somebody had sat it someplace else.

Junkie

I have a woman who comes in with varying sizes of jars....she then proceeds to grab make-up, lotion, primer, eye cream - whatever she wants and FILLS her jars with them, then when we call her on it, she's like, "Well they're TESTERS aren't they!?".

lmao!

"Testers" indeed!

WE also have ALOT of crackheads that come in to cover their pick marks (those scabs they get on their faces - side effect of doing drugs). I have a really young guy that comes in and does this. NEVER use the testers....EW!
As far as I know, he's never stolen, but he always uses the testers with his grubby hands and he's usually stoned out of his mind.

I had this hooker steal make up and perfume - she shoved them down her pants and set off the security sensors on the way out. My [male] coworker tried to reach down into her pants and grab them....we were all like, wtf you can't do that! I mean, yes, she's stealing, but you're a male, a casual WORKER, not a security guard...stupid. Anyways, we let her go since no one could physically grab at anything.

I also have this old perv come in in a wheelchair. He shoves items down his pants under his leg and when you call him on it, he'll flash his tiny penis at you and say "Here, look I don't have anything". Yeah, you don't have anything...but you DID steal some shampoo!

And the last guy - we all call Mr. Mean. He has this cocky gait that is unmistakeable, a scar on his face and chipped front tooth. He steals fragrances like you wouldn't believe and can be in and out of the store in less than a minute with $300 worth of merch. We bust him all the time but he's never been arrested - he's too fast. He also has accomplices now too - he knows we all recognize him, so he hires other people to steal FOR him and then splits the profits. He waits for them outside and then goes to sell it after they steal. He's been around for YEARS. He's crazy!

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie

I also have this old perv come in in a wheelchair. He shoves items down his pants under his leg and when you call him on it, he'll flash his tiny penis at you and say "Here, look I don't have anything". Yeah, you don't have anything...but you DID steal some shampoo!

th_LMAO.gif
I can't stop laughing

Civies

This is a story that my friend told me that I found funny. My friend works at Harry Rosen (It's a store that sells designer mens wear) at the Eaton Centre downtown, and for all the Torontonians here we know how big Eatons is (4 stories).

So one day while my friend was working, a sophisticated looking older lady in high heels came into the store, walked around for a bit, and ran out ... with a stack of R&R jeans ... in high heels. HAHA could you imagine that? Sad part is that security couldn't catch up to an old lady in high heels carrying a stack of jeans.

iadoremac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civies
This is a story that my friend told me that I found funny. My friend works at Harry Rosen (It's a store that sells designer mens wear) at the Eaton Centre downtown, and for all the Torontonians here we know how big Eatons is (4 stories).

So one day while my friend was working, a sophisticated looking older lady in high heels came into the store, walked around for a bit, and ran out ... with a stack of R&R jeans ... in high heels. HAHA could you imagine that? Sad part is that security couldn't catch up to an old lady in high heels carrying a stack of jeans.

Wow! That's all I can say

Courtney <3

my boyfriend used to work at walmart and he was an ap guy (asset protection) he would come home and tell me all these crazy stories of people stealing. like this one chick stole 5 or so pairs of jeans and her excuse was she needed to feed her kid. wtf? lol
and one time one of his coworkers ended up getting stabbed.

QueenBam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney <3
and one time one of his coworkers ended up getting stabbed.

one of my friend/boss' husbands is an AP for walmart also, and he got stabbed by a hipodermic needle trying to stop this shoplifter... wtf! had to get tested a bunch of times for a bunch of shit... hahaha

katelyn0

Other day at work I saw a girl put a bottle of burberry in her purse. I approached her and said "would you like to pay for that?" and she put it on the counter and actually paid, LOL. so awkward!

LittleMaryJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by katelyn0
Other day at work I saw a girl put a bottle of burberry in her purse. I approached her and said "would you like to pay for that?" and she put it on the counter and actually paid, LOL. so awkward!

Haha, "awkward"
greengrin.gif

The only theft story I have is not makeup related but I used to be a cashier at a superstore kinda store and one night, this guy walked by with a huge tent (boxed) in his shopping cart. Nothing else. A few minutes later, my supervisor came by and asked if I'd rung him up, then she told me he must have just walked out with it. Damn, if it's that easy to steal huge boxes of things... Wtf.

I have to say, I was reading this whole thread and the story about the girls trying to run from Express with jeans and ran into each other totally had me dying. Sooo funny.

hwangsara

I really can't believe these stories! It is absolutely crazy! I think the only times that I have stolen was when I was little at the supermarket for candy. I have been tempted to steal a lip brush from MAC but my morals stop me. I don't understand what these crazy people are thinking sometimes! I have experienced similar situations at work. I work in a hospital and there are crazy people such as drug addicts that are homeless that come in the hospital for just room and board. There is absolutely nothing wrong with them except mentally!

KaylaDMakeup

These stories are crazy!!
my friend was at the MAC pro store once, it was real busy because they had just had a product launch and these private school girls walked in and were trying out some of the new products, i think it was from the to the beach collection and the next thing she knew they had shoved almost a whole display stand of the regular eye shadows into their bags and they were running out of the store, EVERYONE was watching what they were doing and this really big girl that was by the doorway grabbed one of the girls by the hair to stop her!!! apparently it was hilarious. anyway, some other customers chased after the other girls and got them and the cops came and arrested them, it was good the store was busy though because the people that actually work there are not allowed to chase after people so some civilians stepped in and joined the chase!!!
WISH i was there to see it.

bellaboomboom

For a very short time I worked in a supermarket (couldn't stand it, lol) and an old woman with a white beard (like a wizard) came to my checkout to buy the largest orange I had ever seen. It was 500 grams, so obviously it was half the cost of the per kilo price (we calculate the price by the kilogram). She was very unhappy and voiced her opinion that I shouldn't be charging that much for an orange. I politely suggested she choose a smaller orange, but she was obviously unhappy as she told me she was a witch and that she would put a spell on me. I just said "okay". I couldn't think of anything else to say. It was just too weird. Lol.
WTF!?!?!?! That is too funny!

User38

I think it is sad that people who might need to steal food are still hungry and that young girls have to steal mu.. there is a total societal disconnect there.

Latest posts