Sheer Minerals

ExquizitDiva

nunu I also don't have global glow. so ceylon is so pretty so I would say if you're a fan of the MSF get it anyway
smiles.gif
As soon as you see a good FOTD w/ it you're going to regret not getting it.
winks.gif

LuvinMyMAC

After reading post after post about Petticoat, I went to a counter a few days ago to buy it. The MA tested it on my face and we both looked at each other with that Uh Oh look. It was way too pink for my yellow undertones and clashed something fierce. I feel cheated because everyone loves it so much.
ssad.gif

amber_j

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinMyMAC
After reading post after post about Petticoat, I went to a counter a few days ago to buy it. The MA tested it on my face and we both looked at each other with that Uh Oh look. It was way too pink for my yellow undertones and clashed something fierce. I feel cheated because everyone loves it so much.
ssad.gif

Oh no! I gave in to temptation and bought a Petticoat, which should be delivered this morning. I'm going to play around with it this weekend and make it work for me. lol...

I also take back what I said about Gold Deposit. I went back to the MAC store and a different MA found me a less glittery one. The MSF I have gives a much finer shimmery finish, but you only need a teeny tiny amount if you want to avoid recreating a 70s Soul Train look.

I really want to get a backup So Ceylon. It's my HG MSF, and the only one that's not sold out on the UK MAC website. Please tell me I don't need to buy a backup! My name is amber_j. I have too much MAC and I need help!

ExquizitDiva

LOL@amber!!!
smiles.gif

Luvin I wear Petticoat with Stark Naked (beautiful!!!), LoveJoy, Coygirl, Fashion Frenzy and a couple other blushes. I would say if you're a fan of MSF get it anyway.
winks.gif
LOL!

LuvinMyMAC

I went on to buy Gold Deposit and I found a NYC dupe of Petticoat which is what I really wanted the real one to do - a nice glow without as much glitter. I'm gonna give it another try though before I offically throw in the towel on it.

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber_j
Oh no! I gave in to temptation and bought a Petticoat, which should be delivered this morning. I'm going to play around with it this weekend and make it work for me. lol...

I also take back what I said about Gold Deposit. I went back to the MAC store and a different MA found me a less glittery one. The MSF I have gives a much finer shimmery finish, but you only need a teeny tiny amount if you want to avoid recreating a 70s Soul Train look.

I really want to get a backup So Ceylon. It's my HG MSF, and the only one that's not sold out on the UK MAC website. Please tell me I don't need to buy a backup! My name is amber_j. I have too much MAC and I need help!

^Your not the only one. I want a backup of So Ceylon as well and I use it everyday to mix it with Dollymix and Stark Naked blush.

amber_j

^ I got my backup of So Ceylon delivered today! I feel slightly calmer now.

I've also had a chance to play around with Petticoat. It's incredibly pigmented! The first time I looked awful - like a little dolly with bright swathes of colour on her cheeks. Now I think I've got the handle of it, but I still need practice. It has a lovely golden sheen to it, and the berry colour... mwah! This might take the place of Breezy in my 'Snow White for a Brown Girl' look.

GlamQueen21

You did? Awesome! I might have to order a backup of So Ceylon soon before they are gone after I try to get my hands on the Dame Edna collection.

TwistedFaith

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinMyMAC
ssad.gif

I have the same problem with Petticoat! It's just too...too "pink" on me.
ssad.gif
...I still love it and think it is so pretty, I just wish I could find a way to make it work. On the other hand, So Ceylon is wonderful. Definitely a HG product for me.

sja103

I have petticoat, loveee it. Do you guys think a back up is neccesary? Everyone says it's sold out at their mac counter but I just bought mine a week or so ago. Should I get a backup?

sja103

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExquizitDiva
Isn't it perm now?

Hm I thought it was l/e. Maybe I was wrong ah.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExquizitDiva
Isn't it perm now?

Not to my knowledge. Unless this is a recent decision only Soft & Gentle and Gold Deposit are perm.

lukinamama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I'm an NC30 and I got Petticoat. It's the most beautiful colour I've ever tried. I want to also try So Ceylon. Anyone around my skin tone has it? Does it look orange at all?

aren't you nw30
cutey.gif
? I am nw30 too and So Ceylon doesn't turn to any orange on me
yahoo.gif

GlamQueen21

Soft and Getle and Gold Deposit are the only two that are perm. So Ceylon and Petticoat are LE. Better get some backups before they are gone. I'm going to get a backup of So Ceylon soon.