Shimpagne perm or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmbalmerBabe

I am confused at the counter they said perm, then another MA
said LE. On the website it first said perm now it has the triangle.
I did not buy it because I thought it was going to be there
in the future.:confused: Any thoughts?

Mixxi

I'm pretty sure it is LE since I asked two counters who both said it is. However it might be different for freestanding stores but as far as I know it's LE.

tadzio79

I figured it's LE also. only the natural skinifinishes were permanent if I understand correctly.

sewprecocious

Shimpagne was relaunched with the Natural MSF's and it is staying on as a permanent fixture in MAC Stores for sure, I'm not sure about counters...but nonetheless! YAY!

saniyairshad

LE for sure. They would never make MSFs perm...Im so glad they made MSF Naturals perm though, but for the record Shimpagne is LE

melaniumom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewprecocious
Shimpagne was relaunched with the Natural MSF's and it is staying on as a permanent fixture in MAC Stores for sure, I'm not sure about counters...but nonetheless! YAY!

I believe you are correct.... although I'm still a little confused. I talked to the girl at the MAC pro store 3-4 weeks ago and asked her if it was permanet or LE and she told me she THOUGHT it was going to be permanent. I told her I had "heard" it was LE but would be permanent to freestanding stores. She said they have a place for their permanent items and a separate place for the LE items and the Shimpagne MSF was with the permanent items.

That said, when I just went down on the 24th they had NO MSFs at all and the woman told me they would be getting more in with the new collections coming up. Things were super-hectic so I couldn't get into the whole Shimpagne discussion with her.... so I'm not sure if they were just out of stock or if it was gone for good :confused:

So I guess, in the end, I am no help!
hmm.gif

Ernie

I sure hope they keep it, there was even a mention in the Times:

April 15, 2007
THE REMIX; The Jeté Set
By MARY TANNEN

It's an odd time for ballet to be having a moment. If Degas weren't backstage doing the styling, certainly his spirit was ascendant in the spring fashion shows, where it looked as if the corps de ballet had elbowed out the models. Hair stayed small and off the face, helped with versions of the Alice band at Valentino, Dries van Noten, Burberry and Narcisco Rodriguez. There were sculptured cheeks and diva eyes, and everywhere -- from Chanel to Lanvin -- lips were satin-slipper pink. And this season at the New York City Ballet, young stars like Ashley Bouder and Sterling Hyltin are bringing new life to the Balanchine classics.

When there is confusion in government and blood in the streets, what is the relevance of the girl in a tutu? Perhaps it is her ability to stand above the fray -- ultra-feminine, yet supremely athletic. In a world of disorder, she cleaves to the rigorous rules of dance. She is the powerful Maria Tallchief in ''Firebird''; the elegant Tanaquil LeClerq in ''La Valse''; the evanescent Allegra Kent in ''Ivesiana.'' She holds the spotlight and reflects it back into our wearied eyes.

Which is why, even though you wouldn't dream of zipping yourself into a tutu, you may yearn to capture some of the ballerina glow for yourself.

''Ethereal'' describes the look, and it comes from having luminous skin, says Uzo, the senior stylist at NARS. For ''a beautiful, milky, matte complexion,'' she recommends starting with a moisturizer that gives a ''pearlescent shimmer'' (e.g., NARS skin-brightening serum). She gets the cheekbones, the bridge of the nose and the temples to pop with a highlighter and suggests Multiple by NARS, which is like limelight in a tube.

Exaggeration is the key, according to Gordon Espinet, the vice president of makeup artistry for M.A.C. He uses a shimmery powder, like M.A.C.'s Mineralized Skin Finisher in Shimpagne, on cheekbones, with a slightly darker shade in the hollows. For ''Coppélia'' eyes, he suggests a few false lashes at the outside corner and a sheer blue pink for lips, ''so your own color comes through.''

Pulling back the hair is easy; pulling off the look is harder, says Eiji Yamane of Eiji Salon. Set straight hair on rollers for body, then coax it back with your fingers; for curly hair, wax the top layer for texture and shine. Straight or curly, ''some hairs sticking out make it look younger,'' Yamane says.

Once you have the hair and makeup, all you need is a proud carriage, a dash of élan and an eagerness to join the dance. Chignon optional.

JCBean

I opened this thread with excitement thinking maybe MAC had had a change of heart, but it seems no
ssad.gif

I'll continue to browse eBay for it then....

melaniumom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBean
I opened this thread with excitement thinking maybe MAC had had a change of heart, but it seems no
ssad.gif

I'll continue to browse eBay for it then....

I'll double check when I go to the pro store on Thursday. Last time I was there it was too hectic to find anything out.

vickih

i wish most of the skinfinishes were permenant... but they always seem to repromote the same ones over and over again. would they just bring back porcelain pink and stereo rose already! i keep kicking myself for not buying them.

lara

I think this has been discussed to death from all angles (it's LE, only the natrual colours are perm), so I'm closing this thread.
smiles.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.