Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

okeedokeee

I have tried many eyelash curlers, as I have the curse of the Asian eyelashes: they are short, straight, and pointy-downy.

Tweezerman, Revlon, Sonia Kashuk... have been tried. They all pinched and refused to hold a curl unless I blasted the thing with heat and almost burned my eyeballs out (I'm exaggerating).

I then tried Shu Uemura. I will agree, it doesn't do anything amazing. The thing is that it fits my eye and it holds the curl throughout the day, no heat needed. It also doesn't pinch. Every single eyelash curler before this one pinched me. This alone makes me love it. No discomfort, but it holds.

I then read about the Shiseido being better. Whoever said that lied to me! Ok, that's a bit melodramatic. It didn't work that way for me, though. It didn't get the side lashes as I hoped it would, seeing as it's wider. The hold was ok, but this one pinches! After being spoiled rotten by my Shu, I teared up like a baby when I was pinched.

Back to Shu I go. It's the small things that make a difference.

ragdolly

i just got this curler and i really do love it already. i hate my eyelashes so i've used several different eyelash curlers, including revlon, and heated ones...and heating my revlon one haha, but this curled my eyelashes and they stayed curled for a long while

kittykit

I LOVE my Shu lash curler. I've been using this one since 2004 and it's the best curler ever. I've tried many other curlers before but they never made my lashes curl (my lashes are long and straight).

Kiss and Makeup

I just got mine in a kit from Sephora. I tried it once and I'm in love! I hardly had to squeeze to get my eyelashes to curl...my other one I had to heat up, hold it in place, squeeze hard, and curl many times. I can't wait to use it tomorrow, and I'm eagerly anticipating using the mascara/eyeliner it came with. I have many black eyeliners and I've already opened a new mascara, so I don't want to use them yet and get it all germy.

Sephora: shu uemura Perfect Eye Set: Combination Sets

Lamzy

I have really long straight lashes and this curler is the only one that is able to lift them up and give a long lasting curl. My only gripe is that the inner corner lashes get a bit wonky sometimes so I have to do them separately.

christineeee_

i've tried a lot of eyelash curlers and i love the shu uemura. it gets to my outer corner lashes too which is great
smiles.gif

for my fellow Canadians...i got the shu uemura at sephora for $28 about a month ago when they were doing the 'best of' awards.

ambicion6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamzy
I have really long straight lashes and this curler is the only one that is able to lift them up and give a long lasting curl. My only gripe is that the inner corner lashes get a bit wonky sometimes so I have to do them separately.

my lashes are super long too and curlers end up crimping the lashes at the end and make them go like this \ / on my eye as opposed to out and curled. so i gave up on eyelash curlers. how do you get the lashes at the end done separately?

stacylynne

I have a revlon eyelash curler & I love it. What I do is heat it up w/ the blowdryer, curl my lashes & apply mascara.

You don't have to spend $16 on an eyelash curler. I find revlon works just fine

yeah I have it and it seems pretty good. I didn't really have high expectations for it either. There was a promotion awhile back to buy the curler and they throw in a mini one... I still haven't used the mini one yet.. haha.. cause I'm not really sure what to do with it.. I'll probably give it a try sometime - it's suppose to get the hard-to-get lashes.. *shrug*

ModelBoy

I absolutely love it. It curls really naturally, and never crimps. I've yet to pinch myself (which I do quite often with more commercial curlers), and it's wide enough to accommodate most eyes. It can get close enough to the lid-line to even get those little lashes towards the outside of the eye. The curl lasts all day, and can even survive some "abuse" (being tousled by a shirt, or rubbed). The curl it produces is VERY natural. My suggestion, though, is to pulse rather than squeeze. Starting at the lash-line, squeeze quickly and release a few (3-4) times in quick succession, then move up the lashline, and do this in 2-3 more places up towards the tips of the lashes. I've gotten SO many compliments on my lashes since buying these, and I'm absolutely in love with this tool. A definite must-have staple in anyone's kit.

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelBoy
I absolutely love it. It curls really naturally, and never crimps. I've yet to pinch myself (which I do quite often with more commercial curlers), and it's wide enough to accommodate most eyes. It can get close enough to the lid-line to even get those little lashes towards the outside of the eye. The curl lasts all day, and can even survive some "abuse" (being tousled by a shirt, or rubbed). The curl it produces is VERY natural. My suggestion, though, is to pulse rather than squeeze. Starting at the lash-line, squeeze quickly and release a few (3-4) times in quick succession, then move up the lashline, and do this in 2-3 more places up towards the tips of the lashes. I've gotten SO many compliments on my lashes since buying these, and I'm absolutely in love with this tool. A definite must-have staple in anyone's kit.

iagree.gif
Since I can grab the lashes so close to the base (without the pinching pain), my lashes curl up so nicely. I usually grab the lashes, count 30 on both sides and repeat this again for more oomph
greengrin.gif
Thanks to Shu curler, MAC prep+prime and Dazzle Lash, I don't need falsies.

amber_j

I've been really impressed with my Shu eyelash curler. I didn't know whether to believe the hype so thought I'd try it out and decide for myself. It's true - these curlers don't pinch, lashes hold the curl all day, and you can get to all the lashes in the corner too. I haven't been able to do any of these things with any other curler I've used. Definitely a HG item for me.

For me this is the perfect eyelash curler, I have big round eyes with stick straight lashs. Yes it takes some work to get them curled, but this curler has save me lots of time and more importantly...eyelashes!!

Rosario

I also bought it thinking it was going to be the greatest thing, but its ok nothing amazing. I think i just rather stick with my old school technique (MY SPOON) yup i use one and it curls PERFECTLY a trick I learned from my mom
smiles.gif

Flowitu

Yes, it does its magic. It makes my straight lashes curled in a great way, not stray-haired like several other drugstore curlers I have. i rarely pinch myself with this and almost all my lashes get taken care of. Does it worth its price.. Not really.. Shiseido makes one for less. I think, it's $18. That's way cheaper compared to Shu's $28 one! Gasp.. and they both do the same thing to my lashes.. Not a big difference I see

I believe in having one Shu curler during my lifetime is enough.

beezyfree

I Heard Great Reviews On This As Well. I Need To Go Get Myself One, I've Been Procrastinating And Money Been Tight. Specially With The Economy So Bad With All The Layoffs Eugh.
ssad.gif
But I Will Get It Soon!