Siberia - light enough?

sayah

I've tried what feels like every liquid foundation the market has to offer. No luck. Every shade is too yellow or dark!

I'm NW10-ish. All liquid MAC foundations are too dark for me.

Now I've read rave reviews about the Sheer Glow foundation in Siberia and I'm here to ask for your opinions. Does anyone have experience with it? Is it worth trying - yay or nay?

MarieMary

Hi!

It seems we have the same skintone. And I use Sheer Glow in Siberia, so I hope I can help. :)

Like yourself, I've had all the trouble in the world finding a foundation shade light enough for me. A MAC MUA told me that every foundation they have would be too dark for me. I went to a Nars counter hoping that Siberia would be a good match. Two different MUA matched me with Siberia. So I guess it would be good match for you as well.

On the Nars website, it says Siberia has an equal balance of pink and yellow undertones. It seems it leans slightly more toward yellow than pink when I apply it. But my eyes are probably deceiving me because I had redness all over my face. In the bottle, it really looks neutral.

I say it's definitely worth trying. It didn't break me out (but it depends on people obviously); it actually leaves my skin smooth and beautufil when I remove my make-up in the evening. It blends beautifully, looks natural, and makes the skin glow. It's light to medium coverage; I wouldn't say it's very sheer. Coverage is buildable. It covers my redness really well, but lets my beauty marks show through (I apply my foundation thinly).

Verdict: Yay. ^^

sayah

Thanks so much for your answer! That really helped! Just curious: have you tried the MUFE and/or Becca ones?

MarieMary

You're welcome. :)
No I haven't tried Becca because it's not sold in my country. I haven't tried MUFE either because I had already found a good foundation when I bought Nars Sheer Glow. :p And there isn't any counter nearby. But I'll give it a try one day; I've heard good things about it. If you ever get to try it, please send me a message to tell me if you like it. :)

fleur de lis

I'm exactly the same shade as you and have the same problem finding foundations! I recently tried MUFE HD in 110 which is pretty much a perfect match for me. However every so often I do wonder whether there's an even better match out there and NARS Siberia has been one I've been meaning to try. I'd give it a go and see, but if you find it's not right I'd definitely try MUFE after that.

If you do get Siberia let us know how you find it!
I've tried what feels like every liquid foundation the market has to offer. No luck. Every shade is too yellow or dark!

I'm NW10-ish. All liquid MAC foundations are too dark for me.

Now I've read rave reviews about the Sheer Glow foundation in Siberia and I'm here to ask for your opinions. Does anyone have experience with it? Is it worth trying - yay or nay?

gionnetto

Quote: I'm NW10-ish. All liquid MAC foundations are too dark for me.

Hi,
MAC foundations are too yellow and dark for me. Additionally, MUFE 110 is too pink whereas 117 is too yellow (and dark). I wanted to try NARS Sheer Glow but I have to order it online so I'm desperate to find out whether it's a fit for me or not.
On the NARS site they say that Siberia is their lightest neutral shade, Mont Blanc is their lightest cool shade and Gobi is their lightest warm shade. On Make Up Alley I found this swatch:

From left to right: Siberia, Gobi, Mont Blanc - and am still not fully convinced that Gobi is my shade LOL

So I searched this forum and found this other picture comparing 3 different NARS foundation in the same Gobi shade:

From left to right: sheer glow, sheer matte, firming foundation

From this picture it would seem to me like Gobi is indeed my shade if I buy the firming foundation, that is.