sick of being told i have a pretty face...

Willa

You're doing very well, it's great
If you need someone to talk to, I'm there
I've read your first post and we kinda have the same view on our body
I freaking HATE my arms right now... ¬¬

Let's be positive!
greengrin.gif

Enchantedcameo

I just read through the whole post and I am so happy for you. I in the same boat you where in. I gained a lot of weight due to hormones ( I have PCOS, which causes me to have insilin resistance.). So its been really hard to lose weight. But now I really feel like trying to go on a diet again.

LMD84

thanks guys for being so sweet and supportive! and i'm pleased to hear that i'm making others want to diet and go one healthy eating plans!
smiles.gif

i've been super busy over the past 2 weeks, had guests staying for a few days, working, hubbys birthday and lots of trips out places! so i have not lost anymore weight because i've been eating more than what i should have! however i'm also pleased that i havene't put anymore on. this week i've been very strict with myself again so hopefully i'll start shifting my 1-2lbs each week agian! here are some piccies though. if you compare them to the picture on page one you can see i've lost a bit from my face and tummy.

68a570b8.jpg

nopt a flattering pic but this is the same gold top that is in the first piccie. my boobs are still big but you can see my tummy is flatter.

81e852c5.jpg

less of a double chin here!

9aa7f5b2.jpg

me and emma - the skinny girl in the first pic!! i'm wearing a dress here but still very concious of my arms so wore a little cardi!

f6c55ccd.jpg

hopefully one day i'll be able to post pictures where i'm happy with all of myself rather than just bits!

leenybeeny

th_happy1.gif
you are doing so great, and you look awesome! I'm glad that you're being realistic and not getting down on yourself for having not lost for a couple weeks. My husband stopped losing for a whole year, and has put back on 5 lbs, but is ready to jump back to it starting today he said. Keeping a positive attitude always makes for success!

kaliraksha

Oh my goodness! Congrats! You look fantastic! My best friend and her work friends did a Biggest Loser pool... they all bought in for like $20 dollars and whoever lost the most lbs at the end of 6 or 8 weeks (I forgot) got to take home the money. My friend lost 20 lbs, even though she didn't win, the competitiveness and support really pushed her to do well.

Keep us posted =)

LMD84

well i've lost another 2lbs this week which is awesome! today i am having a bit of a treat day - i'm not having soup for lunch!! i am going to have some bbq chicken breast, light feta cheese and salad in a wholegrain pita bread. i fancied something solid for once and there are less healthy things to eat. so am thinking why not.

i got a little upset a week ago because a friend pooped into my shop and saw me. i hadn't mentioned i was dieting to her but thought now it was obvious i had lost weight i would mention it. my work trousers litterally hang off me now and my shirt is quite loose rather than being fitted. when i told her how much i had lost she just said 'i guess you must be able to tell when you have no clothes on then'. my work guys all tell me how well i;ve done and that she was just being a bitch. but it still upset me because i've been working so hard. i've been trying to see this friend less anyways because she has a habbit of saying wrong things and getting me down. this just backed up my feelings again.

i'm visting my granny the first week of june and i'm hoping to loose about 4-5lbs before i see her. at leats it is coming off week by week, little by little!

this really has been the first time i have stuck to a diet for so long. a sencible diet anyways! this week at work i'm stupidly busy so have bought some slim fast shakes to have for breakfast because i know that i won't be able to eat some cereal.

RedRibbon

Hi,

I've been down that road too and it took me a lot of willpower to stay on the straight and narrow. I used to cross train every day, at first it was 20 minutes a day, then 40 minutes a day and then 1 hour a day.

The one thing that helped me was taking a photo of myself in just my underwear in a certain place every week so that I could see the improvements because it was hard for to see it without the pics. I lost a total of 50lbs but it has been so worth it, mainly for how much better I feel in myself but one thing I should warn you about is that you will become more critical of yourself when you're slimmer, it's happened to everyone I know but you get over that in time..now one of my major annoyances is going out sale shopping when they only have the larger sizes in stock
ssad.gif

Stick with it though and the end result will come around a lot quicker than you thin
smiles.gif

LMD84

man i don't know what i am doing to myself this past week. i have eaten alot of crap... and have just finished eating my dinner which again was junk food.
ssad.gif
i'm so upset with myself. i've not lost any weight this week because i've eaten badly. and if i'm honest i think i will end up putting on a couple of lbs when the food has settled in me
ssad.gif

i've had a stressful week and that i why i have eaten badly. i've been working too hard which has stressed me and then the cherry on the cake was being called by an estate agent saying they wanted to take npics of the house. i asked why and they said it's because it needed to be put on the market asap! our renting agentcy never told us the house was being sold and that we'd have to move out. i got told by a fucking stranger on the phone! it's the worst time for it to happen too because i'm not earning as much money and moving now is a bitch because i have no spare cash.

i was really upset when i got the call and cried alot. however in typical me fashion i found a new even nicer place in less than 24 hours and the paperwork is all going through now. i can't wait to move into our new place. but because i'm stressed about getting everything packed, cleaned and sorted i'm eating junk.
ssad.gif
i don;t want to undo all my hard work in a few weeks and know i'm on a downward spiral. tommorow on my day off i'm going to do lots of cardio to get me going and burning calories and i need to be hardcore with my dieting again.

wish me luck girls because i need it now more than ever with the way i feel
ssad.gif

kaliraksha

Hey, don't be so hard on yourself! It happens to ALL of us... especially when life gets chaotic like that. This last week I haven't been "good" either because I have less than 2 weeks to find a new place to rent... so I've been meeting with the real estate agent and then going to eat lunch or dinner at restaurants because I've been out all day and haven't had time to plan a meal.

The best thing we can do is help ourselves make good choices easier... get rid of the junk food... and if you don't have it and you're buying it out of convenience then try other convenience foods like fruits or carrots, wheat crackers, also try deli or grocery store roasted chickens, or quick cooking fish (like salmon) for meals.

Good luck moving and remember the only thing you can do at this point is change your future health habits =)

LMD84

cheers sweetie. it's comforting to know that you are in a similar situation to me
smiles.gif
i hope you manage to get some property sorted soon.
yes.gif

yeah the problem is i have been swinging by the shops on my way home from work and because i've had no time for lunch i'm stupidly hungery so i'll buy whatever is quick and easy - usually that equals junk food! pizzas, burgers, pancakes and stuff!
ssad.gif

but you're right. i can't change what is already done. i just need to make better choices this week. no more snacking on junky stuff - i will buy soem fruit and keep it at my shop to eat when i'm hungery and will make sure that no matter how busy i am i take 5-10 mins to actually eat my soup for lunch.