sigma brushes

myazg23

i recently start to using this brushes and i love it, do you have any experience whit this brushes and which of them are must have? I really like their hd brushes

shellygrrl

Staff member
I have several Sigma brushes. Eyes E25 (similar to MAC 217) ~ It's not bad if you're just starting out in makeup, but I recently upgraded to the 217, and personally, I prefer the MAC. The bristles are shorter and stiffer, and it fits my eye better. E30 (similar to MAC 219) ~ I don't reach for it very much. I tend to prefer an angle brush to apply eyeshadow to my lower lashline (my angle brush is from EcoTools). E45 (similar to MAC 226 (limited edition)) ~ I like this one but haven't used it much recently. E55 (similar to MAC 239) ~ The one I have has a few short, stubby hairs that poke me sometimes, but that may not happen to you, should you decide to buy it. I have a similar one from e.l.f.'s Studio Line; while it doesn't poke me, I think the e.l.f. one is a bit thick for packing on colour. I'll soon be ordering a flat shader by Roque Cozzette to try out. Face F40 (similar to MAC 168) ~ I prefer to use this for blush than for contouring. The bristles aren't very dense, and -- for my face -- it's too big for contouring. F60 (similar to MAC 190) ~ I think it's a smidge thick and doesn't work as well with some of the foundations I have, not to mention I'll need to replace it soon because the ferrule is loosening. (Be careful when cleaning this sort of brush!) F80 (similar to MAC 130) ~ My favourite of all the ones I own. I love it for stippling foundation on; it gives a near-airbrush finish. I also want to get, at the very least, the F05 (109 equivalent) and the F50 (187 equivalent).

MakeMeUpNikki

Love sigma brushes! I have a lot of them and MAC I would sigma is the closest to compare with MAC so they are worth purchasing!

Honi

I use the F80 for absolutely everything (Foundation, cream bronzer/blush/highlighter etc etc.) and I think it's absolutely brilliant. My sigma must-have!

carvedwords

There are about 7 Sigma Face brushes I want to order. I just don't know if I want to order them over MAC, but I would save $$$$.

Copperhead

Hautelook.com is currently having a Crown Brush event and I would eat my shorts if they don't have the same Sigma Precision brushes (P80, P82 P84, P86) for $4. Of course the Sigma name isn't on them but they look like the very same brushes. They're on crown brush's site too. They're called Infinity.

GoldenGirl

I got some crown brushes a few years ago at the makeup show and those are my least favorite brushes. I actually threw one away not too long ago, it was a blush brush. The bristles were scratchy, and it barely picked up any product. I also got an angled liner brush and the bristles didn't come to a fine point at the end after I washed it which made the brush pretty much useless for what I wanted to use it for. I DID just purchase some sigma brushed from amazon and I LOVE them. Comparable to Mac brushes I'd say. I don't think I'll ever buy another crown brush. No likey.

Copperhead

I got some crown brushes a few years ago at the makeup show and those are my least favorite brushes. I actually threw one away not too long ago, it was a blush brush. The bristles were scratchy, and it barely picked up any product. I also got an angled liner brush and the bristles didn't come to a fine point at the end after I washed it which made the brush pretty much useless for what I wanted to use it for. I DID just purchase some sigma brushed from amazon and I LOVE them. Comparable to Mac brushes I'd say. I don't think I'll ever buy another crown brush. No likey.
I have like 4 Crown brushes and they're pretty nice. 2 of them are the Duo Fiber brushes, a powder brush and a jumbo kabuki fan brushthat I really like the most of all of them. Out of the 4 I have I'd say the powder brush is probably my least fave. They look to have quite a few different kinds of brushes so I'm sure they all aren't created equal. Some will be pretty nice and some will be duds.

You look very pretty in your new avy btw.

Copperhead

I have like 4 Crown brushes and they're pretty nice. 2 of them are the Duo Fiber brushes, a powder brush and a jumbo kabuki fan brushthat I really like the most of all of them. Out of the 4 I have I'd say the powder brush is probably my least fave. They look to have quite a few different kinds of brushes so I'm sure they all aren't created equal. Some will be pretty nice and some will be duds.

Ooops. That powder brush that's my least fave, turns out it's not a Crown brush, it's a Sigma F30. Yikes.

GoldenGirl

Just now seeing this, thank you!
blush-anim-cl.gif

And lemme go Google Sigmas F30. What do you not like about it? I need a powder brush, so this was probably on my list of possibles.

Copperhead

Just now seeing this, thank you!
blush-anim-cl.gif

And lemme go Google Sigmas F30. What do you not like about it? I need a powder brush, so this was probably on my list of possibles.
It's kind of prickly. Not quite as soft as I'd like my powder brush to be. And it sheds quite a bit.

Copperhead

GoldenGirl, after my 3rd washing of the Sigma F30, I'm finding it a bit softer. It still sheds a bit but it's not as prickly as it was before. Maybe I had to break it in more or something. I used it today and actually liked the way it felt.

GoldenGirl

Thanks for the info, this one will go back on my list as a maybe. I bought the Real Techniques powder brush and honestly I'm not that impressed. I have the expert face brush as well. They are *good* brushes, but I don't know why all the rave reviews for them. I am still loving my sigma brushes tho.

Copperhead

Thanks for the info, this one will go back on my list as a maybe. I bought the Real Techniques powder brush and honestly I'm not that impressed. I have the expert face brush as well. They are *good* brushes, but I don't know why all the rave reviews for them. I am still loving my sigma brushes tho.
I haven't tried any of those Real Technique brushes yet. I saw someone on youtube say that the Expert Face Brush was excellent for contouring. I just ordered a NARS Ita brush for contouring though so there goes that, at least for now. Jaclynhill on YT got me wanting to try that brush for contouring.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I have the Expert Face Brush, and I agree it is excellent for contouring. :) Anyhoo, since I posted in here, I did get a Sigma F05. I don't like it that much, and I haven't used it for some time. I'm probably going to end up selling or swapping it.

SincerelyLivX

I got the Mrs Bunny set last year for Christmas. Truly wonderful brushes. The only thing i supplement the set with are my NARS crease brushes and a Sigma F80 flat top kabuki