Sigma Brushes

trollydolly

I just want to warn all people in the UK who are thinking about ordering from the Sigma website I have been completely ripped off by them. I placed an order worth $119 and was charged an extra $49 for shipping. I have now been informed by parcel force that I have got to pay £21 for customs charges otherwise I can't have my parcel. So in total I will have paid an extra $80 on top of the cost of the brushes on customs charges and shipping.
I have never ordered anything from the US before and being naive I didn't know about customs charges.
I've contacted Sigma but they won't do anything to help me. I'm so disappointed I was really looking forward to getting by brushes but I really begrudge paying more money when I already feel like I've paid over the odds :-(

anita22

Thanks for sharing this, and very sorry to hear what's happened.

The customs charges are unfortunately outside of their control, and apply to anything you order from overseas (even gifts for that matter - as I recenty had to fork out a huge amount for a birthday present my Mum mailed me from New Zealand). I have heard that parcels under a certain value (about 15-20 pounds) don't really get looked at, so if I do order from overseas then I keep it to a minimum or place multiple small orders and so far that seems to work.

As for the shipping charges though, $49 is extremely high. Did they inform you in advance that it would be so high? I know some US suppliers will only ship via tracked post which can drive up the cost quite a lot... if they did not let you know in advance that it would be so high though then that is pretty bad, and you should certainly dispute that.

I just want to warn all people in the UK who are thinking about ordering from the Sigma website I have been completely ripped off by them. I placed an order worth $119 and was charged an extra $49 for shipping. I have now been informed by parcel force that I have got to pay £21 for customs charges otherwise I can't have my parcel. So in total I will have paid an extra $80 on top of the cost of the brushes on customs charges and shipping.
I have never ordered anything from the US before and being naive I didn't know about customs charges.
I've contacted Sigma but they won't do anything to help me. I'm so disappointed I was really looking forward to getting by brushes but I really begrudge paying more money when I already feel like I've paid over the odds :-(

MissTiffany2U

I just placed an order... I hope I like the brushes. I previously bought a brush kit from Crown and I wasn't very impressed. So, we'll see how it goes with Sigma

JaiLeeP

I just received the F82 and the E25... Amazing. I am truly impressed and probably will continue to buy from them. They are inexpensive on top of being wonderful. I also go the MAXbag... good lord this thing is huge!!! I am loving it for traveling =)

nunu

[quote name="trollydolly" url="/forum/thread/130149/sigma-brushes/540#post_2112501"] I just want to warn all people in the UK who are thinking about ordering from the Sigma website I have been completely ripped off by them. I placed an order worth $119 and was charged an extra $49 for shipping. I have now been informed by parcel force that I have got to pay £21 for customs charges otherwise I can't have my parcel. So in total I will have paid an extra $80 on top of the cost of the brushes on customs charges and shipping.
[/quote] Thank you SO much for sharing! I was about to place an order from them this week.

Almost black.

Sorry for your bad experience but Sigma (or any other company you order from which is outside the EU) doesn't have anything to do with customs charges of your country so you can't really blame Sigma for your own ignorance
th_dunno.gif

And about the shipping charges - I really don't know how you managed to pay $49 since their highest shipping rate is $14 which is Priority Mail unless you've ordered few brush sets.
th_dunno.gif

MissTiffany2U

I received my brushes a few days ago and I absolutely love them. They are so soft and well made... I immediately ordered the eye brush set and large face powder brush. Sigma gets a thumbs up from me!

AudreyNicole

I am intrigued by the Make Me Blush brush set in the canister. Does anyone have this set (or any of the other "Make Me" sets)? Is it worth the $100?

vivaXglamlove

Looking to buy a few new brushes. Should I just buy Mac or save a bit by buying Sigma? I've read so many Mixed reviews, I Don't want to waste money that I could of have just bought the Mac versions.

Loraelai

Yep, in my opinion it depends on what brushes you are interested in.
For example, I would NEVER rebuy 219 by Sigma. Mine got ruined in no time, so I had to switch to MAC. But for example, if you're thinking about buying the 150, you could as well as buy the Sigma alternative. I think you should list the brushes you're willing to buy and ask other users what they think of them :)

vivaXglamlove

The brushes I was looking at the Simga dupes were Mac: 109, 134, 138, 188, 217, 222, 227, 239
Most of the eye brushes I already own, but wanted doubles of them

shellygrrl

Staff member
I have the MAC 217 and its Sigma equivalent, the E25. The E25 has slightly longer bristles, and I think they're a touch softer. The 217 is also a little bit tapered. Personally, I prefer the MAC one because of its size. I also own the E55 (equivalent to MAC 239). The one I have, while I think it works well, has a couple of bristles that pinch my eyelid sometimes when I use it. I don't have any of the Sigma versions of the face brushes you list (in order: F05 (though it's on my "to buy" list; I've heard good things about it), F20, F25 (heard it isn't super dense), F55). I don't have the 227 equivalent (E50), either.

shellygrrl

Staff member
New brushes from Sigma released today. The Precision line + F86 -- the latter of which reminds me of the Louise Young LY34. My eye is on that one as well as the P82 and P86. https://www.sigmabeauty.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=137

spunky

I really want to try out Sigma brushes. MAC comparisons aside, are they worth the money you pay for them?

AmandDUR

absolutely! i've had nothing but great experiences with sigma. i actually can't remember the last time i've bought a mac brush and i have a ton of them.

spunky

absolutely! i've had nothing but great experiences with sigma. i actually can't remember the last time i've bought a mac brush and i have a ton of them.

Brilliant! Might have to order some after Christmas then - thanks for the advice :)

lenchen

I own mostly MAC and Hakuhoudo brushes but I do love sigma sigmax line as well as the 4 eye brushes that recently added on the website I' ve had mine for a week and I love them! I must say that they are different to all of the MAC eye brushes that I own.

Copperhead

I received my brushes a few days ago and I absolutely love them. They are so soft and well made... I immediately ordered the eye brush set and large face powder brush. Sigma gets a thumbs up from me!

Is your large face powder brush the F30 or F20? I'm trying to decide which one of those to get. I've had a MAC 129SE from a brush set from Nordstrom for years now but I've never quite liked it so I'm in the market for a new powder brush. I recently got the F80 and I love it.