Similar color for a DC lipglass please!

kashleigh80

My very first lipglass was Courting Rose. I don't know if it was LE or DC but they don't have it anymore. My closest MAC store is about 2 hrs away and I hardly get over there. Anyone have a color suggestion for something close to that? It was the best color ever! I plan on asking MAC too, but I wanted to hear from the peanut gallery
smiles.gif

ledonatella

I know I loved this one too! I just put all my pink lipglasses on my hand to comapre and the closest I found were Magic Spell, though it's more mauvey and Pink Meringue was a more goldy pink. But really nothing was so close that it was the same color. The only only other one might be Cultured and I don't own it to compare, but I've seen it and at least in the tube it looks close.

kashleigh80

I just did a chat with a MAC artist and she said Cultured was the closest (good eye!) Of course it's out of stock on the website right now
weeping.gif

styrch

Quote:
Pink Meringue was a more goldy pink

I was going to suggest this too. I happen to own both so I might be able to do a compare when I get home from work.

styrch

Ok, I swatched both on my hand (unfortunately, my camera is out of batteries and I don't have spares). Courting Rose is much more pink than Pink Meringue, which actually looks like a light peach next to Courting Rose. Courting Rose is also a bit thicker in texture to me. If you look at the tubes they are so similar it's scary, but definately different out of the tubes.

You may want to try Pink Meringue. It's a touch warmer, but it might be that you like it as well. Sorry I couldn't get you a pic today.
ssad.gif