Sister bringing me down. :(

DropDeadDarling

So today I was looking through the FOTDs & tutorials, and I found a look I really liked & wanted to try. Granted, I've never sat down & actually just played with make-up before, so I wasn't expecting perfect [or extremely similar] results. But I was pretty proud of what I had done. I went out of my room to show my sister, and she started telling me how it looked like my eyeliner was smeared all over my face because I used black eyeshadow. :[ I didn't even say anything to her about her make-up, even though I could've. *sigh* I know I'm probably being over-dramatic, but it was really a bummer when I thought I was looking like hot shit & she tells me that. :[

triccc

oh, don't you just love siblings?
when my sister saw me out one time, she said i looked like a drag queen..

and i was damn proud!

DropDeadDarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by triccc

and i was damn proud!

Lol! Nice. :]

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by triccc

and i was damn proud!

..my mom refers to some of my eye makeup as "drag queen eyes"

Lovely right?!

xIxSkyDancerxIx

Awww *huggs* it's ok sweetie.. That's part of having siblings (luckily mine is too young to really care lol)

I just started playing with makeup too and I know it's not going to come out perfect, but that's the fun part isn't it? Trying out new things. She's probably just jealous that yours is so much nicer than hers.
winks.gif

Don't listen to her and just do whatever YOU wanna do

Dizzy

I've got two older brothers, so I don't have to worry about cattiness. Instead, I know my makeup looks good when I get the "You're not leaving the house lookin like that!!" It's when they don't put up a fight is when I know I need to fix something.

Don't get discouraged though. You had fun doing it, right? So what's it matter what your sister thinks? Practice makes perfect, so keep doing it. Maybe it did come out really nice, and she just felt like breaking your shoes? Siblings don't always need a reason for mean remarks- they tend to say what they want at will. Don't take it to heart darlin.

elisha24

If you liked it then thats all that matters. My dad has no clue about makeup and hates it. One day I when I went to see him and I was wearing blush and he said "Whats wrong with your face? It looks like you sunburnt but only on your cheeks"
ssad.gif

MiCHiE

Yeah, siblings are the best. My brother told me I looked like I got my eyes done at a car body shop.

baby_love

my sister used to be the same way but when I explained to her how much I freaking LOVE makeup, she understood.

kaliraksha

Aww, siblings are just precious! Seriously though, for whatever reason anyone is saying anything "to bring you down" just realize it's their hang-ups and rules and not yours. No one can make you anything but yourself... just don't let her bother you and she will stop and if she doesn't it won't bother you anymore. If you think and felt like hot shit then you were =)