Site news

Janice

You may have noticed features like Thanks! and the shoutbox aren't in place. Forum modifications have been disabled temporarily, they'll be back soon.

We're switching hosts! Our new host Liquid Web is preparing the server for us, once delivered it'll be secured and we'll begin the process of setting up & tweaking. When that's all finished we'll flip the traffic to the new server and be on our merry way together!
greengrin.gif

I'm determined to make recent occurences and forum downtime a positive for Specktra. To help with this I've contracted Rob AKA redslush, a longtime Specktra SysAdmin, to oversee server and database administration.

Due to the DB corruption on Saturday the data after Friday @ 12 AM is gone.
ssad.gif
I'm sorry to all who posted something and lost it, or is in anyway inconvienced by this loss.

Here's to the future.
drinkup.gif

MiCHiE

Thanks for the update. You and Specktra rock! Thanks for the forum and you know we'll go whereever it goes.

kimmy

thanks for the update! i was wondering where the thanks, moods and posts had gone hahaha
smiles.gif

Kathytoo

Thanks....

Thank you so much. I know you guys had a ton of work to do. You are so appreciated!
smiles.gif

BlahWah

Thanks for the updates and all your efforts to make Specktra a great and special place, Janice! Only downside is that I'm stuck to be "scared" until the changes take place! *lol*

roxybc

Thanks for the update. I was wondering where the "Thanks" button had gone to, also I'm missing about 30 thanks in my reputation. I guess those are gone for good huh? Oh well, just when I got excited cuz I had surpassed the 100 thanks mark, I guess I can surpass it again..........

lightnlovly

Thanks for the update!!!
smiles.gif
You are all wonderful and just in case you don't hear it enough...WE APPRECIATE YOU
cheerleader.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
....Due to the DB corruption on Saturday the data after Friday @ 12 AM is gone.
ssad.gif
I'm sorry to all who posted something and lost it, or is in anyway inconvienced by this loss....

Whaaaa??? I had posted next week's winning lottery numbers and the answer to the meaning of life at 12:01!!
lol.gif

Quote:
.....We're switching hosts! Our new host Liquid Web is preparing the server for us, once delivered it'll be secured and we'll begin the process of setting up & tweaking. When that's all finished we'll flip the traffic to the new server and be on our merry way together!
greengrin.gif

I'm determined to make recent occurences and forum downtime a positive for Specktra. To help with this I've contracted Rob AKA redslush, a longtime Specktra SysAdmin, to oversee server and database administration......

Janice, you do a fantastic job! I know managing this forum can't be easy. Technology changes every single day, so keeping up with it can be an ass-kicker at times, I'm sure.

ANNNND...I know the constant upgrades/changes/fixes that you provide do incur costs. That's why members should become PREMIUM MEMBERS.

Come on people, give til it hurts! Show Specktra the love it deserves!
smiles.gif

Janice

Many thanks everyone for your kind words, they help keep me focused.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
ANNNND...I know the constant upgrades/changes/fixes that you provide do incur costs. That's why members should become PREMIUM MEMBERS.

Thank you! Yes, there are costs incurred. Specktra's new dedicated server is over $200/month, and we now also have a paid staff member. It's exciting as all get out, but the pocketbook doth protest. :eek2:
greengrin.gif

Your PM subscriptions directly fund every aspect of the site, I encourage you to look at the Premium Member information thread so you can view all the upgraded account privledges a Premium Member enjoys.

electrostars

Quote:
You may have noticed features like Thanks! and the shoutbox aren't in place. Forum modifications have been disabled temporarily, they'll be back soon.

We're switching hosts! Our new host Liquid Web is preparing the server for us, once delivered it'll be secured and we'll begin the process of setting up & tweaking. When that's all finished we'll flip the traffic to the new server and be on our merry way together!
greengrin.gif

I'm determined to make recent occurences and forum downtime a positive for Specktra. To help with this I've contracted Rob AKA redslush, a longtime Specktra SysAdmin, to oversee server and database administration.

Due to the DB corruption on Saturday the data after Friday @ 12 AM is gone.
ssad.gif
I'm sorry to all who posted something and lost it, or is in anyway inconvienced by this loss.

Here's to the future.
drinkup.gif

LOL. I just wanted to say that liquidweb is located in my town, and if they give you problems, I can go down there and kick them for you.
greengrin.gif

Good luck with the new server.
greengrin.gif

You shouldn't have any problems with it, my schools art department's website is hosted through liquidweb, and I've never seen any problems with their sites hosting or anything.
winks.gif