Slimshine "broken"

astronaut

I can twist the lipstick up but it won't go down. What I do is just push it down, but I bet it looks really smashed in the bottom. Not happy
ssad.gif
Has this happened to anyone? I have tons of lipsticks and it's never happened to any of them but this has happened to two out of the four slimshines I own...

gildedangel

Oh no! Are they up too high to use without breaking the slimshine? Or can you use it if you just raise it a little bit every time you use it? If it's too high you could melt them into a pan or 5 gram jar to use them. I'm sorry, that sucks.

Arisone

Uh oh.
ssad.gif
This is the same thing that happened to me with two slimshines and two lip primers. Carefully, I push the product back into the tube.

I refuse to buy any other slimshines. Unfortunately, I am hooked on the lip primer to use under my matte lipsticks but will expect the problem until I find a suitable replacement.

erine1881

slimshines are gel-based lipstick, which makes them much more fragile than regular lipsticks.

when applying, you can't twist it up too far, otherwise the pressure of applying will cause them to break. also, don't keep them in your purse for long periods of time, otherwise the heat from your purse will make them even softer than they already are, causing them to break. you also can't leave them in your car or the bathroom (no makeup should be kept in the bathroom!).

unfortunately that's the nature of the beast with these things. they are easily broken, just like shadesticks, cremesheens and mineralize products. you've got to use more caution when using these.

they can still be used, but they just won't be as pretty.

Nicala

Try to push it back and sticking it in the fridge.. it should help it keep its shape. I do that with my lipsticks that have broken off from the tube. HTH!

FiestyFemme

I've got 4 Slimshines, and this has never happened to me. They are soft though, so it's not hard to imagine it happening. That sucks!

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubletta
Try to push it back and sticking it in the fridge.. it should help it keep its shape. I do that with my lipsticks that have broken off from the tube. HTH!

Thanks for the advice! I tried putting one of the slimshines in the fridge and it twists up and down now! I'm going to try doing it with the other slimshine.