Smokey eye but with ONLY ONE eye product?

DirtyPlum

OK so following on my thread on your definition of a smokey eye..

I wanna be convinced that a beautifully executed smokey eye can be created with the use of only one product! So many customers are disappointed when me and my colleagues suggest that a perfect smokey eye requires at least three eyeshadows, a base and tons of liner and mascara and ask if they can do it with just the one?

OK, so maybe you can use Smolder and smudge the hell out of it, but thats more of a Kate Moss, slept in makeup look – IMO.

So heres the challenge:

Create a smokey eye look
Use only one product on the eyes (be it eyeshadow, paint, eyepencil, lipstick, gloss, CCB etc)
You can use mascara on your lashes
You can use an eye kohl pencil to tight and water line (not included in your one-product allowance) cos it wouldn’t be smokey otherwise!
You can use brushes, but better still – don’t!

Remember smokey eyes are typically dense colour graduated to lighter, then light... (horizontally or vertically)

Call it a smokey-eye-on-a-budget? ...and....GO!

DirtyPlum

^Try telling my customers that!

I was asked the same thing today... so I tried a budget smokey eye on an NW45 today. I used Blackground paint and Smolder... I have to admit, it looked pretty good. But I still wanted a brow highlighter.

TISH1124

I am so gonna do this ....by Monday....My eyes are so sore today from allergies I have to give them a days rest

DirtyPlum

tong.gif
hmmm... I shoulda said one colour right! But hey, try it.

TISH1124

It's up to you...One color or MES....I just want to do whatever everyone else does without feeling sneaky!!

DirtyPlum

I'm gonna stick with one product... cos for me the challenge is about seeing smokey eyes with the use of one product, which I can then more confidently recommend when on counter! Bonus with the MES, cos there are potentially three colours outta them - I forgot abt them!

TISH1124

Ok I am gonna pull out the MES then...if it is not just one color but one item!! This will be fun and much easier now!! and I still wanna try with One color too..just for fun

aziajs

I can do this! I have done this! I love these new challenges you guys are coming up with. Ok, my only thing is that I am definitely using brushes. I did a smokey eye once with Smolder and Melton Mauve. AND....I only used one brush. It was years ago but it turned out really well. I haven't been able to duplicate it because I did it on the fly and you can NEVER duplicate those.

aziajs

Ok...wait. I have a question now. Since we are only using one product on the eye does that mean I can't use my eye kohl as my base?

ashpardesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Ok...wait. I have a question now. Since we are only using one product on the eye does that mean I can't use my eye kohl as my base?

same q here....pls allow that:-d...hoping that the e/s use to fill the brows are excluded from the rule
smiles.gif
just to confirm,no highlighter allowed?

DirtyPlum

OK, here is some clarity on the rules...

Create a smokey eye look
Use only one product on the eyes (be it eyeshadow, paint, eyepencil, lipstick, gloss, CCB etc)
You can use mascara on your lashes
You can use brushes, but better still – don’t!

You can use an eye kohl pencil. Cos I'm guessing thats a staple in most peoples kit. So its not included in your one-product allowance- it wouldn’t be smokey otherwise!
Maybe see how you get on with only using that on its own, if not, you can use another product
smiles.gif

Ideally, the less products used the better.

Ashap - highlighter e/s is usually the first thing ppl dismiss so lets see if we can do without - keep it raw - or maybe there is another staple product you have that you can use to highlighter instead...?

Brow products are fine, as long as they stay on the brow only!