• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Smokey eye tutorial with silver inner corners (for Sar)

OliveButtercup

Here you go chickie. Mind you this was at the end of the day (after I woke up from a nap, please forgive the hair!!) and I just took off my eye makeup, so in the beginning picture I'm already wearing:
MAC bronzing powder
NARS torrid
MAC stereo rose skinfinish
A little NARS black mascara
and a little Body Shop lip butter

There are a million variations for this look, so I tried doing a few different things here. Let me know if you have any questions about alternatives!

Tools of the Trade:
makeup3160.jpg

Too Faced First Base eyeshadow primer
MAC knight divine e/s
MAC black tied e/s
MAC brush #224
some random cheap e/s brush
NYC black eyeliner
MAC spunsilver glitter liner
Rimmel all over pencil (move)
Rimmel all over pencil (charm)

Aaaaand from the top:
makeup3119.jpg

Prep eyes with Too Faced First Base primer (not too much or e/s will crease easily):
makeup3125.jpg

Start applying MAC knight divine e/s with brush 224, contouring it along your natural eye shape:
makeup3124.jpg

Blend it with your fingas! I think fingers blend better than any blending brush and you have more control this way.
makeup3127.jpg

Using your thin e/s brush, line lower lashline with Knight Divine:
makeup3128.jpg

Anden, use the same e/s brush and apply a thick line of MAC black tied to the upper lash line, and follow by lining the lower lashline with it as well:
makeup3130.jpg

makeup3131.jpg

On the top lashline, blend the black tied upwards into the Knight Divine using a Q-tip or some alternative blending apparatus (haha)
makeup3133.jpg

Line upper lashline and lower waterline with black eyeliner:
makeup3136.jpg

(Glamella- you mentioned having problems lining the waterline. Only certain pencils really seem good for this, and as cheap as it is, NYC brand always works great for this purpose)

Aqui estamos.
makeup3138.jpg

makeup3135.jpg

Ok, now for the silver.
I used a cheapo brand of whitish/silverish liner because I don't use this color a whole lot so I don't want to blow a bunch of money, but Benefit Mr. Frosty would work really well if you want to spend a few bucks. Use the pencil on the inner corner following your natural eye shape.
makeup3141.jpg

makeup3143.jpg

I also tried it with gold for the warmer-toned chicks (I don't really like silver on myself). This is with the same Rimmel pencil, in the color "Charm". A more expensive alternative (which I actually forgot I owned until just now) is the Benefit Gilded pencil.
makeup3142.jpg

Then I tried adding some MAC glitter liner in Spunsilver to the silver look for something extra-glam:
makeup3144.jpg

makeup3147.jpg

And because the girls in the original pics all had their contrast turned up way high to accentuate their makeup:

makeup3143-2.jpg

Grace

that is gorgeous...i have to get knight divine now! i'm totallly lovin' your tutorial

OliveButtercup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
that is gorgeous...i have to get knight divine now! i'm totallly lovin' your tutorial

Knight Divine is amazing for a smoldering smokey eye look. A lot of charcoal colors have heavy blue tones in them which I don't particularly like... but this one is a very true deep gray/charcoal color. The texture is wonderful too.

jess98765

fantastic look for you! it goes so well with your skin tone- it really brings out those gorgeous eyes of yours! thanks for the tutorial
smiles.gif

Sar

hehe awwwwwww! IT LOOKS GREAT!!You've got gorgeous lips/eyes and Its doesnt matter about your hair it just looks wavy ugh JELOUS. You kinda remind me of Amerie(sp?) Plus the fact you actually went to all that trouble for mee. That made my day! Your such a sweetheart.

I have seen one of your posts before where you were wearing nars turkish delight I think it was and it looked great on you and inspired me to go buy the same kind of color gloss.

Also I wanted to get a new base primer as yours is called because the one I have is quite cheap and doesnt do anything..Would you reccomend the one your using or know any better ones??

One more thing I dont really have any MAC gray eye shadows but Im going to go buy one specially for this look is there any shadows/pigments whatever that are maybe a little lighter than the one you have used because Im abit paler than you are? Or do you think the one you have would still look as good.

Sorry Im full of dumb questions and I dont really know how to phrase things!

OliveButtercup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar
hehe awwwwwww! IT LOOKS GREAT!!You've got gorgeous lips/eyes and Its doesnt matter about your hair it just looks wavy ugh JELOUS. You kinda remind me of Amerie(sp?) Plus the fact you actually went to all that trouble for mee. That made my day! Your such a sweetheart.

I have seen one of your posts before where you were wearing nars turkish delight I think it was and it looked great on you and inspired me to go buy the same kind of color gloss.

Also I wanted to get a new base primer as yours is called because the one I have is quite cheap and doesnt do anything..Would you reccomend the one your using or know any better ones??

One more thing I dont really have any MAC gray eye shadows but Im going to go buy one specially for this look is there any shadows/pigments whatever that are maybe a little lighter than the one you have used because Im abit paler than you are? Or do you think the one you have would still look as good.

Sorry Im full of dumb questions and I dont really know how to phrase things!

My favorite primers are the Too Faced First Base and MAC Cream Color Base in "Pearl"- a yellowish neutral color which works with any color eyeshdows. They make the cream color bases in many different colors so you could actually buy certain colors to coordinate with your eyeshadows.

I was also thinking about the gray eyeshadow thing, and how I should have recommended something for a different skin tone. I think silver ring or maybe scene look light they might work just judging from the website. Also don't be afraid to ask the MAC girls for help!

xoKVox

you are so pretty!
i love your eyes they liek sparkle :]

great tutorial :]

hehe im gunan deff try it

Pimptress

Do you think this could be done with anti-establishment rather then knight devine? It looks like a similar color...

It looks fantastic... I've got to try it!

OliveButtercup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimptress
Do you think this could be done with anti-establishment rather then knight devine? It looks like a similar color...

It looks fantastic... I've got to try it!

Definately. That's a great rec for something a little lighter yet still similar to Knight Divine. I couldn't really think of any. Thanks!