Smokey Eyes + Red Lips.

Risbebe

Hi all,

I tried to find a picture to get a visual for you all, but i can't seem to find a picture of it. I'm trying to recreate the look Rihanna has in the "Run This Town" Video. She has two looks smokey eyes with pale lips, and smokey with red lips. I want to recreate the smokey with red lips. I've been looking everywhere for tutorials but nothing.

I'm planning on using Mac Ruby Woo lip stick. but the eyes I just can seem to get it right..i'm thinking of using Mac E/s Smut, Carbon, and black track fluidline but its turning out to be a mess!!
th_dunno.gif
haha want to wear this look out for my bday, i'm trying to get it right before then!

Any recommendations??

HoneyDip

maybe using a black base like blackground paint pot (or the new greasepaints?) will help to intensify the look.. i even prefer using (a very thin layer) of blacktrack fluidline for a dark smokey eye, i dunno why.. but i find it blends out better..hmm. try MAC typographic e/s if u find carbon hard to work with
smiles.gif

TISH1124

Yeah the New GPS will give you the black smokey non smudge eye you are looking for...and Ruby Woo looks dead on

Almond_Eyed

It's really hard to tell the specific look because there's no close-ups of her face in the music video, but I can tell that her eyes are VERY black. Here's the best screen shot I could get from the video, still not that great:

To get the really dark eyes, I would suggest using MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack as a base over the lid. Even though it's a liner, it's really black, it won't get oily or move around, and you don't have to set it an eye shadow (unlike paint pots or smudge sticks). JULIEG713 uses this technique in her "New Years Smokey Eye" Youtube video.

HTH