smoky eyes recs please...!!

shimpaniac

Hi...

I really need your help with starting my mac eyeshadow collection...i have some other mac stuff, but as of now,i have only one e/s...sketch!!
weeping.gif

I'd like to build on that by getting some shades for a smoky eye...preferably warm shades,as im NC 35/37,dark hair/dark eyes.
I'm not into pinks and greens etc. yet.I'd like some basic neutral ones ...umm...bronzy...maybe gold...charcoal...kind of colours.Basic.No pinks or greens etc.
I saw mulch once...thats my kind of shade...you get the drift??
also, i was wondering if just getting the smoky eyes quad would be a better idea?? It isnt out where i live yet...but does it have what i want??
Please help!I've no clue where to start...
hmm.gif

Thanks in advance..!!

shimpaniac

Hmm...great...ill Look Into It...thanks..
I Like Its Pics So Far Too...
But Keep The Recs Coming Please...!!

panda0410

You can do a smokey eye in any colour you want - it doesnt have to be black!
You probably would get a lot of benefit from the Smoking Eyes palette - the colours are pre-selected and should work for most people.
For neutrals you could also try some of the taupes like Subtle or Mauvement with a darker brown like Chocolate Brown and a highlighter like Ricepaper, Naked or Fairylite.
I know you said neutrals but Deep Purple pigment makes a hot smokey eye, and so does Maroon, Naval Blue, Deep Blue Green and Forest Green pigments, as well as Nightlight pigment, Beauty Marked e/s and Club e/s.
Dont limit yourself to blacks and silvers - smokey eyes can be created with just about any colour so experiment with them and have fun!

silverbelle282

i have the smoking eyes quad and let me tell you, you will LOVE it. i'm an nc40-42. it is wonderful and a great value.

i have mulch, which i like to pair with woodwinked, a beautiful gold brown. on me, someone once said it looked like i was perspiring that eyeshadow lol if this makes sense, like it was the color of my own skin, but shimmery. anywho, you will probably get a kick out of woodwinked.

i have a color called charcoal brown, it's a matte, looks like caca in the pot, and most people use it to fill in their eyebrows, BUT i love it in the crease with a color like naked lunch on the lid. a great neutral and soft very wearable smokey eye, if you will.

what else what else....i love ricepaper as a hilight and a lid color, a beautiful light gold neutral.

bronze is also a beautiful basic, but if you're getting mulch, skip it- too similar in my opinion.

honestly, satin taupe is a beauty of a color. and it comes in the smoking eyes quad, i can just throw it on my lid, and line my eyes with showstopper, the matte brown in the palette, and my eyes are smokey looking. it's really fabulous and easy peasey.

hope this helps! let us know what ya get
winks.gif

makeupgal

I have the same exact coloring as you NC35/NC37 with the dark features (see avatar). I honestly think you should get the Smoke Signals Quad. Satin Taupe is a must have, which is in there and of course the black shadow is great for lining or creating smoky looks. As far as single shadows, I think you should get Amber Lights, I wear this with everything from browns to pairing it with hot pinks. Also get Brown Down and I looove Trax with Sketch and you can wear Sketch with your Amber Lights. Hope this was helpful.

shimpaniac

Help??are u kidding?? U guys are amazing.Truly amazing.I SO agree with what u say about using other colours for a smoky eye.Black is infact typical.(though i personally loveeee browns/golds/neutrals).
I have sketch and i know even that can be put to some use wen doing a smoky.Satin taupe ill check out, and mulch i once saw looked gorgeousss....
I saw this pic of someone wearing twinks...i wonder if tahts pretty too?Im dying now to get my hands on some e/s now...and experiment
smiles.gif

thank u loadssssss for all the input...ill keep u posted on what i get once the smoke signals collection arrives!!
Lov y'all...
wavey.gif

shimpaniac

thanx so much!! i'll try amber lights...i alreday have sketch,and looove it!! im dying for the smoke signals to come out where i live!!
Thanks once again sweetie.
smiles.gif

VioletB

GET SMOKE SIGNAL PIGMENT! It is such a gorgeous color and it makes an awesome smokey eye! You don't even need to pair it with anything! It's awesome all by itself!!! Use a little Urban Decay Primer Potion underneath it and it is one awesome look!!!

mello

I'm NC30 with dark hair and eyes aswell.
If you're looking for neutrals, try bronze, espresso, wedge, ricepaper, woodwinked, tempting, or shroom. I could seriously go on and on with the endless choices. I normally do something like shroom to highlight, woodwinked or tempting all over the lid and then bronze or espresso in the crease. I've been reaching for amber lights for all over the lid lately, though.
I can't exactly remember what sketch looks like right now, so I can't really help you out with what to pair with that.
And def. get that smoking eyes quad. It has some great colors.