Smudge-Proof Eyeliner

myystiqueen

So i have really really really serious issue dealing with smudgy or smearing eyeliner..... i have tried lots of different brands but they all still smudged / smeared throughout the days,, and making me look like i have racoon eyes.. and it sucks.. cause i don't really bother checking myself on the mirror everytime..... so i realized it once i got home.... anyone found a solution for this?? i have been using : Jemma Kidd Define-Stay Put Eyeliner Revlon Colorstay Pencil Eyeliner Bloom Eye Definer i found that MAC fluidline doesn't really smudge... it just 'flakes' instead of smears... so it's better for me.. because it doesn't make me look like i'm crazy... how do you find other MAC e/l?? i heard that nomatter what brands you're using,, it will smudge under your eye because your skin produces oil... is that right?? if so, then what's the solution?? i also know several solution like using primer, setting the liner with the same eyeshadow color or with powder.... but not sure if eyeshadow will also smudge... sorry for the long thread,, but this issue really annoys me a lot!! thanks!!

PolyphonicLove

I was going to recommend Revlon's Colourstay, too...how well does it perform for you? Most likely, the culprit is greasy eyelids - which I have too! Try using UDPP all over your lid, and concentrate it on your lash line. If you like using liner on your bottom lash line, then use UDPP there, too. It keeps the area nice and matte all day! If you'd like a pencil liner, give Urban Decay's 24/7 liners a go. I've taken a real liking to Revlon's liner though, because of the sharpener in the lid!

caramel_geek

Try the new Pearlglide liners by MAC. It's with their Suite Array collection. It might be too glittery for a day-to-day look tho. But it's definitely smudge proof. I've cried in these, and they did not even budge a bit.
smiles.gif

MAC's Technakohl works well for me. But I find it hard to apply, as it tends to tug on my skin. So, yeah...that's technakohl.

I've heard great things about Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-on eyeliners. A lot of people rave about it. And apparently it's smudge and water proof.

HTH!
winks.gif

bellalune

Stila Smudge Pots DO NOT BUDGE.

I wear this swimming in Bronze when I go to the beach and my eyes stay perfectly defined. Yet it comes off super easy with soap. I've been using this stuff for 3-4 years now. HTH!

Kiss and Makeup

I've had good luck with HIP gel eyeliners. I haven't had a problem with them, but they're easy to remove with soap and water. I've also heard if you place a small amount of MAC's matte gel by the outer corner of your eye it will help, also. I have problems with my running/flaking, too, and I find if I set them with powder afterward, or just use powder liners, like from Bare Minerals, they stay in place.

emeraldjewels

I love using UD 24/7 pencil in zero, with carbon e/s over the top to set it. It works for me and I have really oily skin.

HTH

myystiqueen

Thank you for all your help guys...

i think i might try to set it with the same eyeshadow color or set it with powder.... but actually,, how do i do it?? using small eyeshadow brush??

oh... and since i'm in australia - melbourne to be exact,, i can't possibly get UD 24/7 - which i really want...... SOB T_T

Kiss and Makeup

I have a couple of small brushes, depending on the look I want. I have a small shader brush, like the smallest one from Coastal Sents, that's like the size of .20 carat diamond, that's great for small area work. Most of my brushes are from Sephora, so those are the ones I'll show you. These brushes are great, but it's about personal preference, so I'm just showing you the shapes I use.

I use the MAC 209 when I'm using wet eyeshadow liners, or gel liners, like HIP. I also have a Sonya Kashuk angled brush I really like.

To set it, I either use the MAC 209 again, or a brush shaped like this. It's synthetic bristles, so they're stiff, but soft. They're really easy to clean, and keep white, which I like. Well, the one I have has white bristles
greengrin.gif

If I want a smokier look, I use a brush like this. I cannot tell you how much I am in LOVE with this brush. It's super dense so it's great for smoky eyeliner.

sheisfree

The Pearlglides are awesome if you don't mind sparkly liner. I'm currently looking for something similar, but without glitter.