So far my experience as a Macy's BA...

MintCMUA

I work as a floater for Macy's. Yesterday was my second day on the floor for Lancome, and let me tell you, boy I was nervous!! I have great customer service skills, but this was my first day and at the same time I got there, the manager had to take her lunch!! Neither she nor I understood why they would schedule her like that. She gave me a crash coarse in about 5mins, there was also a GWP going on which I had never done before. I didn't know where anything was or the procedures they use to do certain things like where the alcohol was, disposable wands etc. I have good people skills but when I feel like a deer in headlights its hard to provide the customer with great service. I couldn't even upsell anything because I didn't know where anything was. I had to open every drawer just to find something. Or I would go to the other counters where the ladies are very helpful and get them to come over. Then I got moved to fragrances because they didn't have coverage for about 45mins so I had to watch the fragrance counter as well as the philosophy counter. Once again I had never been behind either one so I had no clue where anything was at. Now today I'm opening for the first time at Lancome and will be by myself for the first 2.5hrs. I think I will be better today, but there are still a few things I'm unsure on. I'm already being asked about those dreaded credit cards and I don't even know how to open one. This is one of the smaller reasons why I want to work for M.A.C; then I can just be inside of Macy's but won't be bothered having to jump counters and open credit cards.

Does anybody have any tips on how to get people to open up the cards?? I asked everyone I rang yesterday but no one wanted one. I don't want to be pushy but I do want to suggest properly the first time. I just need about 1-2 per shift and then management is happy...