so i'm moving to japan

queenofdisaster

in august, the family is packing up and moving to japan... (dh is in the navy) soooo does this mean i get to go mac shopping and get asian exclusives?
clap.gif
yay! but hell, i am soooo scared... i have hardly been out of cali, now i'm going to japan???? any advice, or thoughts, or anything? please
eeksign.gif
!!!!!!!!!

jenii

Congrats! Japan's a pretty neat place. My brother lived there for a few years, as a teacher.

If you're going because your husband is military, you'll probably be living on a base, with other Americans, so it won't be too huge a culture shock for you. And I'm sure some of the others on the base who've been there longer can take you around, and help you get your bearings.

lara

If you're moving to a married patch, the transition will be made fairly easy for you. The welcome wagon tends to roll out whenever fresh blood rolls into town. (We're navy as well
smiles.gif
)

And yep, you'll be able to access the Asian exclusives. Happy shopping!

IslandGirl77

My friend lived there for a few years, via Military. She loved it, and she said it's one of the places she would go back to one day.

~LadyLocks~

Wow your so lucky! I dream about visiting Japan let alone live there! Congrats girl, I'm sure you'll love it! Not only do you get to go mu shopping but clothes shopping...ahh what I would give to do that there in Japan.
sigh.gif

little teaser

congrats!! i think japan would def be a great place to visit/live for a little while... everything japan made is awesome, my husbands last years in the navy we were in hawaii and i made friends with a few girls from japan and they were very cool but they didnt want to live or go back there they were trying very hard to stay in the us.. so i dunno.

when i first move to hawaii i hated it and was very homesick but toward the end when it was time for us to leave i was def likeing it and glad i got to go there, after you get use to it and meet friends you will like it im sure.. good luck

pumpkincat210

My best friend lived there via Air Force and she loved it. Japan is definately on my list of places to go. Have fun!

queenofdisaster

wow you girls always know how to make me feel better!
smiles.gif
i'm sure i'll have a great time, plus a good friend of mine is moving there in february, so i will have someone i know there when i get there... and YAY shopping
greengrin.gif

mzcelaneous

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
If you're moving to a married patch, the transition will be made fairly easy for you. The welcome wagon tends to roll out whenever fresh blood rolls into town.

iagree.gif

I've had friends move there because of the military and they've all said it was the best place to be stationed at. I'm sure you'll love it there and I'm sure you'll network and make tons of friends
thmbup.gif

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Gotta love the military - we move all the time too - right now im in YUCKY AZ. lol Girly you are going to get COLA out the booty there. If you want we can talk about it!!! My hubby flies there all the time and I have friends that have been stationed there, we are USMC
smiles.gif
Gosh so much info - message me if you would like to talk more about it!! I can go on and on! LOL

ben

Is he going to be stationed in Okinawa? If so you're so lucky because it is a tropical paridise!

I used to live in Tokyo and it was an amazing adventure. Japanese people are so kind and hospitable. Some nights I would go out alone and I would always end up meeting a group of people to hang out with.

queenofdisaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben
Is he going to be stationed in Okinawa? If so you're so lucky because it is a tropical paridise!

I used to live in Tokyo and it was an amazing adventure. Japanese people are so kind and hospitable. Some nights I would go out alone and I would always end up meeting a group of people to hang out with.

no, not okinawa unfortunately... atsugi...

redambition

oh wow - lucky you
smiles.gif
i would love to visit japan for an extended time.

you will be fine - it will be a great adventure.
smiles.gif

adorkable

Do you know how long you will be living there for? My husband is on the George Washington which is scheduled to move to Japan sometime in 2008. I too am extremely nervous about moving there. I feel like it will be like Lost in Translation. Do you have any pets that will need to be quarantined? That's one of my biggest worries since we have two birds, a cat and a dog. Best of luck! I may be coming to you for advice soon.
smiles.gif

lafemmenoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofdisaster
in august, the family is packing up and moving to japan... (dh is in the navy) soooo does this mean i get to go mac shopping and get asian exclusives?
clap.gif
yay! but hell, i am soooo scared... i have hardly been out of cali, now i'm going to japan???? any advice, or thoughts, or anything? please
eeksign.gif
!!!!!!!!!

weeping.gif
can I go? seriously we lived in okinawa and tachikawa and you will be fine!
cheerleader.gif