Solutions for SUPER pigmented lips please!

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmacqtr
i'm waiting for my mac lip erase as soon as i get it i will tell you my opinion .
smiles.gif

i would love to hear how you like it
smiles.gif

VioletB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard
i would love to hear how you like it
smiles.gif

Yeah me too!!

I forgot to mention I have super red lips too.. My friend has very nude colored lips and she just wears clear gloss with them and looks great. Mine always look like I just got done eating a cherry popsicle.

Oh how we want what we don't have.

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletB
Yeah me too!!

I forgot to mention I have super red lips too.. My friend has very nude colored lips and she just wears clear gloss with them and looks great. Mine always look like I just got done eating a cherry popsicle.

Oh how we want what we don't have.

yeah me tooo!!! i have so many products that dont work out for me because my lips are sooo dark...

metalberry chromeglass.. mostwanted slimeshine.. wtf was i thinking.. my lips are berry enough.. they just make me look vamped...

i also have a lipstain in not so shy! wtf was i thinking... staining naturally stained lips... blurrrrghh... me so stupid...

Ikara

Quote:
why is it that boys have the longest, lushest lashes? :[

I can't understand that either! maybe as they are more hairy... I envy so much my bf lashes!

I might give lip erase a try... I'm still not sure why I lipsticks with the same coloring as my lips
th_LMAO.gif
...when wearing viva glam V or twig twig lipstick looks like I had just put clear lip balm on!
th_dunno.gif

glamqueen1

I have to agree on Kuupio that you really shouldn't listen to that stupid girl's talk. Probably those girls are just afraid of makeup..
tong.gif
!
And a remark like that is in my book worse than any make up "mistake" even though lips AND eyes are "in" again..
Having said that, I also had the quest to tone down my lips this spring. Every lipstick at MAC that is lighter than my own colour makes me look dead, the pigments are too chalky. All the N-stuff too.. (maybe I just don't like the skin-coloured-lips-look?). I had better luck with the slimshines, their pigmentation blend with my own lipcolour and makes it less plummy and more pinkish. I also like Estee Lauder's high glosses, they are very transparent but they do tone down and they are very comfortable and lushious to wear!
cutey.gif

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikara
I can't understand that either! maybe as they are more hairy... I envy so much my bf lashes!

I might give lip erase a try... I'm still not sure why I lipsticks with the same coloring as my lips
th_LMAO.gif
...when wearing viva glam V or twig twig lipstick looks like I had just put clear lip balm on!
th_dunno.gif

LOL i just got my viva glam V in the mail today too.. it indeed looks like frosty clear lip balm on me... i'll keep it anyhow

how many tiems have i wanted to sneak into my roomate's bedroom while hes a sleep and cut them off
th_LMAO.gif

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamqueen1
I have to agree on Kuupio that you really shouldn't listen to that stupid girl's talk. Probably those girls are just afraid of makeup..
tong.gif
!

And a remark like that is in my book worse than any make up "mistake" even though lips AND eyes are "in" again..
Having said that, I also had the quest to tone down my lips this spring. Every lipstick at MAC that is lighter than my own colour makes me look dead, the pigments are too chalky. All the N-stuff too.. (maybe I just don't like the skin-coloured-lips-look?). I had better luck with the slimshines, their pigmentation blend with my own lipcolour and makes it less plummy and more pinkish. I also like Estee Lauder's high glosses, they are very transparent but they do tone down and they are very comfortable and lushious to wear!
cutey.gif

The slimeshines are very easy to wear! I really like long stem rose, but i wish it was more pigmented. my lips are just too damn plummy >_<

I'm having a problem with lip colours fading on me. it will look baby pink for the first while and then it blends back to my plummy lips with clear gloss ugh... this goes for the lipglasses too... :/

miss_supra

The lip erase is AWESOME!!!! My lips are extemely pigmented, and it is the only way to make lip sticks be more true to their color. Before I got the lip erase I used Myth, then the lipstick I wanted to help mute my colored lips.

Quote:
The slimeshines are very easy to wear! I really like long stem rose, but i wish it was more pigmented. my lips are just too damn plummy >_<

I'm having a problem with lip colours fading on me. it will look baby pink for the first while and then it blends back to my plummy lips with clear gloss ugh... this goes for the lipglasses too... :/

Try the lip primer. It really keeps the color staying put and not blending like you are experiencing.

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_supra
The lip erase is AWESOME!!!! My lips are extemely pigmented, and it is the only way to make lip sticks be more true to their color. Before I got the lip erase I used Myth, then the lipstick I wanted to help mute my colored lips.

Try the lip primer. It really keeps the color staying put and not blending like you are experiencing.

hm... i didnt think much of the lip primer at first... but if it really does help colour stay put... i may have to get one!

would you use the primer first, then the lip erase, then lipstick, gloss etc? me wonders if putting the lip erase on top would make the primer less effective with keeping the lipstick and gloss colours from fading.

miss_supra

Quote:
hm... i didnt think much of the lip primer at first... but if it really does help colour stay put... i may have to get one!

would you use the primer first, then the lip erase, then lipstick, gloss etc? me wonders if putting the lip erase on top would make the primer less effective with keeping the lipstick and gloss colours from fading.

Personally I use it first. I do it first because I have a problem of my lipstick blending and pooling up in the lines of my lips. With the lip primer I do not have the issue. The lip primer before the lip erase helps the dryness that can happen and still helps everything from sliding around because the bases (lip primer/lip erase) don't move and stick to l/s, l/l, l/g well.

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_supra
Personally I use it first. I do it first because I have a problem of my lipstick blending and pooling up in the lines of my lips. With the lip primer I do not have the issue. The lip primer before the lip erase helps the dryness that can happen and still helps everything from sliding around because the bases (lip primer/lip erase) don't move and stick to l/s, l/l, l/g well.

thanks so much! im gonna try to save some money for it lol.. specktra makes me soooo pooor..........

Dani California

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe
ive used this and find that its rubbish, it neutralizes a lil bit but when i put any lip product on top it flaked so my lips looked diseased. i guess it must work for you though

Yeah, I tried it once - yuck!! What do you use instead?

I have quite pigmented lips, hard to do a true nude lip. This thread is really interesting.
thmbup.gif