Someone emptied my purse!

RockStar

what happend was I i went clubbing cause it was the bday of my friend there were like 3 people from the whole giant group of her 19 friends that i actually knew. I always keep my purse with me but at one point near the end of the party i decided to dance so i put my purse on the couch(at this point there were about 10 people from our gang left). Now I'm less than a meter away keeping my eyes on it and 2 guys from my friend's friends are sitting on each side of it so im like ok they're gonna keep an eye on it. i dance a bit turn around and one of the girls from our group sat down on it i was about to tell her yo you're sitting on something of mine but i decided to be nice and just wait till she gets up but when i turn around purse is gone. i thought some of the girlfriends accidently picked it up when they went to the bathroom so i followed them there but no one had it and when i come back i find it.
open and stripped of everything.
They stole everything except the purse itself and my keys
cry.gif

My new phone, my ID card, my debit card,my monthly bus card, my 20$ taxi money,my new shirt and my MAC way to love lipstick
angry.gif

Should i be suspecting the girl who sat on the bag? Cause she looked like she was not having fun all night and kind of bitchy.
and if yes should i tell my friend that i suspect that girl did it? i mean she was invited by her so i dunno if they are friends or just acuiatances

TISH1124

Well, I would let your friend know what happened as you already did, I'm sure....But to be honest, I know you are pissed, I would be too...But you really can't (or shouldn't) acuse someone of something unless you really know for sure they did it. I mean you can think she did but unless you saw her do it I wouldn't point her out. because the people who we think are friends will steal from us in a heartbeat..it could have been one of the girls that went to the bathroom...If they took lipstick, top etc...you know it was probably one of the girls at the party...I mean I would just chalk it up as a loss and lesson learned..report the phone stolen hopefully you have insurance and next party...keep your extra things in the trunk of your car or only bring the things you need for that time.

I so sorry this happened to you...But no one will fess up to stealing and it will just turn ito a big mess IMO

LMD84

that's seriously sucks! some people are horrid! however as tish said nobody is likley to own up to it and the worst thing you can do is point the finger when you don't actually know. it may just end up causing bad feeling between you and your friends.

annoyingly i think things like this happen quite alot because a few of my friends have had items stolen from bags. one friend even found her bag and it had everything in it. but when she went to pay for her taxi she found her purse was empty! somebody had literally taken her cards and money and left everything else as normal so she wouldn't realise!

just be super careful next time you are out and don't leave it unattended no matter how annoying it is trying to dance with it!

TISH1124

I know I had someone go in my purse and randomly take stuff that you would not miss until the after effects...Like they stole Checks from the middle of the checkbook...I have 98578577 credit cards and they only took one...and everything looked normal...so I did not notice until I started looking at my acct as I do weekly and saw checks out of sequence and charges on my American Express that I hadn't used in over 6 months

RockStar

Yeah I guess I won't point and blame cause honestly it was my fault for being too trusting. but yeah everything can be replaced even the LE lipstick lol
I'm going to place a police statement now cause my ID was stolen so in case someone wants to steal my identity i'll have something to protect me

L1LMAMAJ

i would tell ur friend and have her ask all of the friends that she invited to see if they knew anything about it. asking won't hurt because it's not like you're telling her to point fingers at the girl. one time my friend's gucci purse was stolen from her apartment after throwing a party with people she knew well which means one of her so-called friends stole it. people are so bad sometimes. gl.

TISH1124

^^ Do you honestly think that anyone will fess up if they knew and they have not said anything by now...They would have busted the person out then if they saw them stealing and they were her friends...I doubt very seriously they are gonna say anything. Thieves don't normally steal when people are watching...and they sure as heck aren't gonna share thier free finds with others..because then they maybe considered a "thief"

LMD84

jeez Tish! what happened to you was worse than my friend. at least she discovered it that very night - and at least her taxi driver understood and let her go for free.

unfortunately it shows just how many bad people there are in the world. it sucks that we have to practically handcuff our belongings to ourselves when in public!!

TISH1124

yeah I never hardly carry cash...I think I had like 2 dollars they were generous enough to leave that

RockStar

I had 20$ for taxi fare but yeah my friends all borrowed me money and i just managed to get a new SIM card for my phone so most stuff is solved now
i just need to go replace my bank card and health insurance card and everything is gonna be back to normal. I'm still gonna ask my friend who that girl was and with whom she came just so i don't run into her ever again cause i might start accusing her if i see her.

TISH1124

^^ Good Idea....and yeah mine was stolen at my job...Go figure...someone came in my office while I was in a meeting....Imagine how I was looking at everybody for months

user79

Honestly I'd chock it up to a lesson learned the hard way. Don't ever leave your valuables unattended, especially in a nightclub! It sucks for sure, but the whole thing could have easily been prevented.