Soooooo out my comfort zone

lauraglou

Blues!!! I haven't worn blue eyeshadow since the 80's!!! I'm still not too sure about this look, can't make my mind up if it suits me or it's just an epic fail.

It's also the first time that I've not used MAC eyeshadows. These are NYX ones and although they were very pigmented, to be honest I'm just not that impressed. I'd only just finished the look when I took the photos and you can already see that it's creasing really badly on the inner corner of my eyes
th_confused_new.gif
Maybe they work better with UDPP rather than a paint pot.

Anyway here goes... be gentle with me
winks.gif

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0176_2.jpg

Ingredients:

Face:
Nars Makeup Primer
Chanel Lift Lumiere in 30 Cendre
Chanel Poudre Cristalline

Eyes:
Painterly Paint Pot
NYX Carbbean Collection - I Dream of Antigua
Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in Binge
Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in Zero
Plush Lash Mascara

Cheeks:
Harmony to contour
Pinch of Peach Blush

Lips:
Subculture Lip Pencil
Sugar Spin Lipglass Tasti

lauraglou

Awww thanks eveyone. You've made me want to try this look with MAC eyeshadows as these flipping NYX ones have made my eyes itch like mad!!! I'm such a sensitive little thing
blush-anim-cl.gif

mariserinb

i think it looks nice! but definitely try the udpp under the nyx shadows, i find that it makes them stay a lot better.

Beauty For Ashe

I LOVE THE LOOK!! My only suggestion is to use an eye primer or maybe even concealer so the shadow won't crease. I have to do the same thing even though I put painterly on before my shadows...I still use UDPP first.

CynthiRaa

Yes! You can pull it off! You look hot with blue :) The nude lips finish the look off beautifully! Love it!

it's gorgeous! it does suit you =] i'd try it with UDPP, and if you also wanted to use the paint pot apply it over the UDPP and then put the shadows on