Special Chanel products featured during Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale 2013?

Haven

I read that Chanel will only be offering a brush set for the 2013 Nordstrom Anniversary sale and that no special cosmetics or skin care will be offered. Has anyone heard/read otherwise? Complete letdown if this is true.

ETA: I just read that there will be bath gels as well.

MaryJane

I pre-ordered cosmetics for the pre-sale and there are no Chanel cosmetics being offered. The only items being offered were the brushes.

Haven

I pre-ordered cosmetics for the pre-sale and there are no Chanel cosmetics being offered. The only items being offered were the brushes.
Thank you for the information!

This confirms that whatever I want from the Delices collection must be bought from Chanel.com or from Saks. I wonder why there are no special cosmetics this year? I suppose that my anniversary sale money will be going to NARS.

pbpink

Saks must have scooped it up and/or paid more to have the exclusive collection - it is a beautiful collection - got the quad, purple berry, illusion d'ombre convoitise and both aqua lippies!! love it all and I don't do quads but once in a blue moon!!
Thank you for the information!  This confirms that whatever I want from the Delices collection must be bought from Chanel.com or from Saks.  I wonder why there are no special cosmetics this year?  I suppose that my anniversary sale money will be going to NARS.

MissTT

Is the brush set the same as a previous holiday release? I'm trying to look them up, but I'm unsure.

Haven

I don't know if it is the same as the previous release. I do know that it is made up of SH versions of some of their regular brushes, and I was told that the brushes in the set are of the same quality as the regular brushes. I personally travel with my regular size brushes in a makeup case or bag, and I don't only use Chanel brushes. I therefore don't plan on getting the set.

pbpink

I think the quality of the mini brush set has changed year to year - I think 2009 + 2011 (red chanel logo) were good years, 2010 set got horrible reviews.... I have 2011 mini set and love it! I am thinking of doing full size set they offered last christmas as it's still around... has anyone rec'd a GWP from nordies buying chanel? I saw a few pics of gifts on IG so I was curious.... also I think they did some chanel hair mist....

CartoonChic

also I think they did some chanel hair mist....
The Christmas set has full size brushes? I thought they were minis too.

I've "heard" of a few GWPs at Nordstrom, but I've never received one. They did have a free Chanel promotion recently for a few skin care items, but I wouldn't consider that a GWP. It was more like samples. I mainly get my Chanel items from Saks because they seem to offer a lot of GWPs. At least mine does.

pbpink

The Christmas set has full size brushes? I thought they were minis too. I've "heard" of a few GWPs at Nordstrom, but I've never received one. They did have a free Chanel promotion recently for a few skin care items, but I wouldn't consider that a GWP. It was more like samples. I mainly get my Chanel items from Saks because they seem to offer a lot of GWPs. At least mine does.
yes!! for 2012 holiday C did full size gift set, it is on c.com still - the handles are a little bit shorter than if you bought each individual - same price as buying brushes but it comes with a black brush holder bag thanks for nordies update!

Monsy

I use chance edp, chance tendre and chance fresh. Love them all! I have only tried flowerbomb hair mist before, but would love to try this one too.

MissTT

Not really finding any reviews about the brush set. Nordstrom only has two reviews and they are opposing.

elegant-one

I liked the brush set. There is a really big fluffy one that I liked & then there is a kind of thicker I guess es brush. I always love their brush sets even if others don't.

MissTT

The SA told me they were very high quality saying she would know b/c she was previously at Shu Uemera. On tPF people haven't been saying good things about it. At least 2 of the brushes I don't want unfortunately.