Specktra common question FAQ

Janice

Problem: The forum is automatically subscribing me to all the topics I create or reply to. How do I turn this off?

Answer: Please visit your user profile to disable automatic topic subscription.

To disable the feature please do the following:

User Profile > Edit Subscriptions > Default for new Subscriptions > Select your desired preference

Check out the options in your User Profile to customize and optimize your specktra.net forum experience.
smiles.gif

Janice

Problem: I can't see the smilie box when I reply to a post, where is it?

Answer: The most frequently used smilies are in the popup smilie box. We are working on getting the rest in there as well, but until an elegant solution is implemented you can view the full smilie list at this URL: http://www.specktra.net/forum.php?action=smiles

angelwings

Problem: I'm sorry, but how to do I access my CP?

Answer: Click on your name in the small box to the upper right hand of the site. You also see Private Messages, Subscriptions, and the Logout button.

Janice

Problem: I don't like the layout of the forum

Answer: To change the skin you view the forum in please follow these directions.

User CP > Edit Options > Miscellaneous Options > Forum Skin

You can no longer change your forum skin selection. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Janice

Problem: The grey reputation dot under my name says "Disabled"

Answer: All users who wish to participate in the reputation system must first activate this feature in their User CP

User CP > Edit Options > Login & Privacy > Show My Reputation Level

We no longer use a reputation system.

Janice

Problem: I can't edit the thread of my title when I click the edit button

Answer: At this time you can only edit the title of your post for the first 24 hours after you post it. If you need to change the title of your post after this time period has expired please contact a staff member. Any staff member can change the title for you. Here is a list of Staff Members.

Janice

Problem: Why don't my images show inline when I attach them to my post?

Answer: If you attach an image ("Insert Attachment") to your post it will show as a link. If you click "Insert Image" it will display inline in your post.
smiles.gif

Janice

Problem: Why is my Rep Power displayed lower than the amount of reputation points I see in my userCP?

Answer: Your Rep Power is NOT how many points that have been awarded to you. The number next to Rep Power signifies your altering power. The higher altering power you have, the more points each of your reputation clicks leave for the person your gifting.

Please see this thread post #2 for a detailed explanation.

We no longer use a reputation system.

melliquor

Problem: I have been trying to get my photos to actually show in my post and not as links. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I tried to copy and past and in the post before I click to post it was alright but when it actually posted, there was a link instead of the picture. Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong? I have tried everything. I save my images in photobucket instead of adding them as thumbnails.

Here is an example as a link.

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/b...urrent=097.jpg

Answer: I think it is because that particular image exceeds the maximum dimensions allowed on Specktra. For your references, the maximum size for poasted pics on all forums is 800 pixels height, 640 pixels width.

If your picture exceeds these limits, it gets automatically turned into a link.

Problem: How do I insert a picture or 2 into my post? Can I upload pictures to Specktra? If so, how?
smiles.gif

Answer: You can insert pictures by adding html img tags around the url of the image. It should look like this: [ img ] urlgoeshere.com [ /img ] without spaces Or, simply click the "Insert Image" icon in the reply field (looks like a little mountain landscape) and enter the direct url of the image. It will display the picture in your message. Remember, the maximum dimensions of the pic cannot exceed 640 pixels width by 800 pixels height.

Addtional helpful threads on the forum regarding posting your images:

http://specktra.net/f280/image-thumb...obucket-48100/
http://specktra.net/f280/how-take-be...-camera-46494/
http://specktra.net/f280/tracking-yo...-alerts-95828/
http://specktra.net/f280/posting-ima...utorial-70727/

Janice

Re: How do I? A quickstart FAQ to forum features

Problem: I can't find a post I made!

Answer: To find your posts view your own profile and click on either:

All posts
All threads started

If your post still does not show up it was either removed by a staff member OR it is in a moderation queue awaiting administrative approval. Approval is required for all posts or new threads in several Specktra forums. A list of the the forums that require administrative approval before your post goes "live" are:

Video Tutorials
Asked & Answered (new threads only)
Specktra.Net FAQ (new threads only)
All Reviews forums
Shameless promotions (new threads only)
Announcements

Janice

Problem: How do I sell something on this forum? Where can I view people's items for sale?

Answer: Please read this section of our forum FAQ it will explain how we do things on Specktra. A member must be a registered user for a minimum of 30 days and have at least 50 posts to be eligible to view the private for sale forums.

Specktra.Net - FAQ: Specktra.net Forum Guidelines

Janice

Problem: I would like to change my username

Answer: As a general rule of thumb we do not honor name change requests. Please consider your nick carefully when registering. We have the ability to track duplicate user accounts, members are only allowed to have one account. If you have an extenuating circumstance and require a name change please PM a admin for assistance.

List of Forum Administrators can be found here: Specktra Staff Roster