Specktra Milestones

Janice

accomplishment.jpg

I would like to take a moment to share two special Specktra milestones we achieved recently. As we move towards our fifth year of sharing MAC information and related resources with one another, the Specktra community has grown and blossomed into something that we all feel very proud and special to be a part of. Today, we celebrate 40,000 registered MAC addicts and the milestone of 1,000,000 posts. Thank you for sharing these moments with the Specktra team, without you this isn't possible.

While I have your ear I'd like to tell you about some exciting new developments, and receive feedback from you on others. Please select as many options as you agree with in the poll, it is multiple choice!

Big news first! Over the summer I carefully selected a very special company to overhaul the site, put Specktra on a new platform and make all this wonderful information and resources we have easier to navigate and find. In my mind I had a vision of a site, but I didn't know how to get there by myself so I turned to professionals to help me achieve the dream. I've taken all your comments, suggestions, criticism- including the negative and have used it to make Specktra better than ever. Later this year, possibly as soon as next month, a new Specktra will be unveiled! Be assured the forum will stay the same, the site redesign will work to bring together all aspects of the site including the forum. I hope you will like the changes that are in store, and more than anything I hope that it will help make the site easier for you to navigate.

Let's spread the word! Would you share Specktra with people you run into at the MAC counter or in Sephora? What about that lady with the beautiful makeup you just have to stop and tell how great she did and ask what the liner is? I want to give members tools to help get the word out about the site. If you'd like to be a part of the Specktra militia, or already preach the Specktra word to people you know I'm working on something tangible to add to your arsenal! I'll make a separate announcement when I am ready to unveil the details, but please let me know if you have an interest in this.

Specktra merch? Would you like to state your Specktra/MAC love with a T Shirt/Tote/Pen?!, if so let me know! I'd like to see what kind of interest there is out there for Specktra merchandise. I've got some cute ideas in my head, but not sure if you all would like to see something like this.

HaulADays are coming! I do want to bring the HaulADays back this year, we had so much fun. There were challenges to the way it was run last year, so I want to tell everyone up front that it will be different and we won't be giving an item a day away. I hate to do that because I REALLY want to, but the shipping logistics were a nightmare and it was only myself sending out the packages. I am open to taking suggestions, but I am thinking that what I will do this year is let people buy raffle tickets to different "lots" of cosmetics. This way we have a fundraiser for the site, and it helps cut down the shipping mess I ran into last year. I love surprises, so there will be a couple here and there for Specktra members.
greengrin.gif

Thanks for reading all this. I really hope you continue to enjoy your experience on the site. I invite and encourage you to stick around for awhile while I work on making this the premier MAC and Cosmetics destination on the web!

beauty_marked

Awww Janice!!! I have to say personally for myself, Specktra has been a godsend. Not just have I become more comfortable in my passion and my skill, but also I have learned so much. Id be so lost without Specktra.

Let's spread the word! Would you share Specktra with people you run into at the MAC counter or in Sephora? What about that lady with the beautiful makeup you just have to stop and tell how great she did and ask what the liner is? I want to give members tools to help get the word out about the site. If you'd like to be a part of the Specktra militia, or already preach the Specktra word to people you know I'm working on something tangible to add to your arsenal! I'll make a separate announcement when I am ready to unveil the details, but please let me know if you have an interest in this.

I cant wait to here more on this!!! I talk about Specktra to any and everyone that will listen. I LOVEEEEE SPECKTRAAA.

AppleDiva

Janice, I tell everyone I know about Specktra. Quick story: Had to get a sonogram before delivering to check the direction of the baby and development. While the technician was putting the gel on me, I was telling her about Specktra. So I am the official Specktra evangelist
clap.gif

coachkitten

This place is like a second home to me and I would be honored to help in any capacity that you need! I am excited about all of the updates that Specktra will get and I can't wait to get my hands on some Specktra merchandise! Thank you Janice for all that you do. You and the Mods really make Specktra the best place to be on the internet!

chocolategoddes

Words can't describe how special Specktra is to me.
Sadly, the majority of the people I know aren't that into makeup, as much as I try to push it on them, but I have told a few friends about Specktra and my mom enjoys peeking over my shoulder and looking at the wonderful FOTDs.
I've learned so much from just this site and have gotten to know so many awesome people.
Specktra has taken my makeup addiction to a whole new level.

If I had the money, I'd totally donate to Specktra... but I's po'.

I'd totally buy a Specktra t-shirt, though.

abbyquack

I'm so excited to hear about the new changes and the things the site has accomplished! I don't know what I would do without specktra, it's so amazing! I will definitely spread the word!

thelove4tequila

How exciting!!!! Like others, I already spread the world to friends/family members. I cannot wait to see what's coming up. Good work Janice.
smiles.gif
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

MacPinkFlamingo

I talk about Specktra ALL the time! Strangers, co-workers, random shoppers, or anybody else in earshot. Specktra merchandise--Brilliant! Like maybe a t-shirt that says, "Only Specktra loves MAC more than I do!" (Because that is true!) I am SOOOO bloody excited! Thank you, Janice, Specktra is the absolute best!!!
drinkup.gif
pompom.gif
th_happy1.gif
friends.gif
punk_.gif
party.gif
dothewave.gif
: stars:
urock.gif
th_ymca.gif
drinks.gif
nanaparty.gif

Krasevayadancer

Like Hilly said, I will do anything I possibly can to help specktra grow. I also spread word wherever I go, and to the other 2- yes and yes!

Ohhh- 1.3% of those million posts are mine, go me!

Hilly

I think we should make lil "business card" things and pass them out to MUA at MAC and Sephora or whomever else we run into
smiles.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
This place is like a second home to me and I would be honored to help in any capacity that you need! I am excited about all of the updates that Specktra will get and I can't wait to get my hands on some Specktra merchandise! Thank you Janice for all that you do. You and the Mods really make Specktra the best place to be on the internet!

iagree.gif
I couldn't have said it better
winkiss.gif

Susanne

I like the ideas of

- a new specktra
- spreading the word
- specktra merchandise

thmbup.gif

I am really excited to see what will come.

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I like the ideas of

- a new specktra
- spreading the word
- specktra merchandise

thmbup.gif

I am really excited to see what will come.

I totally agree! Bring it on
yes.gif

CantAffordMAC

Oooooooooooooh!!! You can make this so big! I'd soooo buy specktra merchandise...Im picturing an all black shirt with Specktra written on it in like, glitter, or like a really simple wearable everyday tote with specktra on it, with like little lipsticks or something. You could take the merchandise thing far...definetly!

I tell a lot of people about specktra. I told my MA...he wasnt really into it because hes already an MA for MAC I guess...but I tell a lot of people about Specktra, and he told me that many people come into the f/s store and tell him all about Specktra too
smiles.gif

Its sad that the HaulADays didnt go as pleasant as they should have last year, but this year is a new year. Im excited about it anyways, just the whole giveaway brought on excitement and Christmas spirit. I'd definetly buy raffle tickets as well.

I
heart.gif
Specktra!

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
I think we should make lil "business card" things and pass them out to MUA at MAC and Sephora or whomever else we run into
smiles.gif

I was thinking the same exact thing!!
thmbup.gif

n_c

Janice this all sounds really exciting! Im looking forward to some Specktra merchandise.