Spots on the Ferrule of MAC Brushes

Lisianthus

I noticed that some of my brushes are getting little discolouration spots on the the silver/ferrule part of the brush. Has anyone else noticed this about their brushes? Can it be fixed? I've had these brushes less than a year and I want to keep the silver nice and shiny as long as possible.

xxManBeaterxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisianthus
I noticed that some of my brushes are getting little discolouration spots on the the silver/ferrule part of the brush. Has anyone else noticed this about their brushes? Can it be fixed? I've had these brushes less than a year and I want to keep the silver nice and shiny as long as possible.

They are probably scratches?

Lisianthus

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
They are probably scratches?

I don't think they're scratches. The metal is still smooth to the touch, just with dark spots.

MissVanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisianthus

i have the same thing but only on two of my brushes the 239 and 217 but ive only had them for 3 months max! im not real sure what causes them either but im interested to see what other people think and if it can be fixed.

LMD84

how strange. i have not got any marks on my brushes. do you think it is where water has splashed on them and you've not dried it so it's left a water mark? maybe you could use some polish to see if you could buff the mark off?

.Ice

I've noticed this on some of my brushes also... the ferrule would get really dull and gets covered in brown spots.. I've been able to get some of the shine back on the ferrule, and some of the spots removed using rubbing alcohol.. but it doesn't work 100%... guess we'll just have to deal lol.