Starflash Collection from 1000beautycounter

sweets4

Hi guys,
So 1000beautycounter has the starflash items I am looking for:
Go, Grand Entrance, Min & Sable, Smoke & Diamonds, Talent Pool, Top Hat
she is also has hello kitty products on her site, I do not know if these have been 'counterfeited' yet...and I realise that just because someone sells one good thing doesnt mean it is all good or that just because she is a power seller, that her feedback can be trusted.
So I am going to try to load the picture she sent me:
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v...k/DSC01264.jpg

any thoughts?
Does anyone have a real set that has not been depotted, or do these boxes look real? The seller seems really nice, so maybe I could ask for another photo, but i dont know what to ask for?
thanks guys
xLiz

GlitterLids

Hi. I haven't bought from her but have been through the "counterfeit" MAC ringer. I'd suggest asking her where she gets her items--if she says CCOs or Mac stores/online directly, it's a good sign. Be wary of "MAC wholesaler or wharehouse"--99% sign it's fake as there is no such thing and people claiming to be such are peddling high-end fakes. Also, does she guarantee authenticity? Perhaps you can suggest to her you plan to de-pot them and are well educated on fakes so you'd like a guarantee on authenticity. if she is honest she'll say no problem because she knows her stuff is real. Good luck!

sweets4

i asked her where she got them and she responded:
"Sources I got my products from:
A friend who is make up artist, beautician (main source)
MAC website (when they have discount like 25%)
department store
ebay"

abbyquack

IDK it looks real to me, but when in doubt, don't. I haven't really seen any fake starflash but I'm not big on the counterfeit spotting so who knows.

speedygirl247

her other listings look ok, most of it is LE stuff. Mac did do a 25% off the holiday sets in the US and also a 15% f&f, we didnt get it in the UK. Some of my starflash shadows have the cco stickers, so her answer is probably legit. She does have a clarity shadow that I have had a fake of, the starflash should be ok.

GlitterLids

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweets4
i asked her where she got them and she responded:
"Sources I got my products from:
A friend who is make up artist, beautician (main source)
MAC website (when they have discount like 25%)
department store
ebay"

Beauticians can get a macpro card and get 30% off items at macpro.com. Unless she can prove she got the items you want from there or a dept.store or direct from Mac, I'd pass. Just my opinion--I have been burned to the tune of 20 fake pigments and I consider myself pretty savvy but was scammed. Now, unless they prove where it's from, I don't buy. Can you get your items from various sellers--there are some really good sellers on ebay--I have gotten authentic from a few?

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
i haven't heard of starflash shadows being counterfeited yet.

Yet being the operative word
ssad.gif

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
Yet being the operative word
ssad.gif

sad but true.

the trend i have seen for counterfeit of LE items though - it's usually the insanely sought-after, pop culture collections. that's not to say that other LE stuff doesn't get faked, but it's usually the items that make a huge splash that end up on the counterfeit list.

i wonder how long it will be before hello kitty shows up?

chickatthegym

I saw a bunch of those Starflash eyeshadows at the CCO in Minnesota when I was up there in January so maybe she got them from a CCO? I wish I would have known you needed them, I could have easy picked some up but I am back in FL now.

I haven't seen any counterfiet starflash on ebay, but then again I haven't been looking either LOL. I hate that there are so many fakes and garbage on eBay because when you really need something that is discontinued it makes it hard. Good luck
smiles.gif