• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Steamy/Violet Tutorial

weneedaroom

You'll need:
Painterly + Delft paintpots
Steamy, Stars N Rockets, Black Tied eyeshadows
Vanilla and Violet pigments
Mascara
Brow Color
Black Tied fluidline
Foundation/Concealor
Ablaze blush
Northern Light MSF
Porcelain Pink MSF
Rosebound lipglass pencil
Myth lipstick
Lull lipglass

1-6.jpg

Start with a naked eye
greengrin.gif

2-5.jpg

Load your brush up with Painterly paintpot. This is going to be the base for our look.
3-5.jpg

Do a light coat of Painterly over your entire lid.
4-4.jpg

It'll look like this when you finish.
5-5.jpg

Now, using Delft paintpot, cover the lid and a little bit above the crease. This will serve as a base for the colored part of our eyeshadow and will help to make the violet and teal colors pop.
6-4.jpg

Open your eyes and apply Delft to the outer lower corners of each.
7-5.jpg

Sweep some Stars N Rockets on your lid, and only your lid. It needn't be perfect yet though so don't stress if it's not expertly blended at this stage
smiles.gif

8-4.jpg

In fact, it'll look something like this at this point.
9-3.jpg

Using a fluffy blending brush, sweep Steamy back and forth on the area above Stars N Rockets in and above the crease.
10-4.jpg

Blend.
11-3.jpg

Pat some Violet pigment onto your lid. This won't change the color drastically but will add dimenson to your look.
12-3.jpg

Apply a bit of Black Tied into the corners of your eyes.
13-3.jpg

Using just a littttle bit of Black Tied on your brush, blend that Black Tied in the corners into your crease.
14-4.jpg

Using a big ol' fluffy brush, blend some Vanilla onto your browbone and into the Steamy in your crease.
15-3.jpg

Using a stiff eyeliner brush (I like to use an angled one) line your upper lid with Blacktrack. Don't make the line too harsh, this is a soft and smoky look.
17-2.jpg

Line your waterlines with Blacktrack and curl/mascara your lashes.
18-2.jpg

Fill in your brows with your chosen color.
19-2.jpg

Face time! Dot foundation on your cheeks, nose, chin, and forehead.
20-2.jpg

Blend and add concealor to any trouble spots.
21-2.jpg

Smile and, using a light hand, apply Ablaze blush to the apples of the cheeks in a circular motion. It will look a bit like this. (No flash)
22-3.jpg

Using the same technique, blend in some Northern Lights MSF. Highlight your cheeks with Porcelain Pink.
23-3.jpg

Line and fill in lips with Rosebound lip pencil. This will make Myth a little less white and a bit more pink in tone--it really helps it become more wearable for me.
24-3.jpg

Apply a thin layer of Myth Lipstick.
25-3.jpg

Add lull lipglass and you're done!
26-3.jpg

27-3.jpg

28-2.jpg

Holls*

thanks!!! for some reason this tutorial just clicked for me! OF all the ones I've looked at I can finally see a way to try my eyeshadow. Maybe it was the color differences. Thanks again
cheerleader.gif

Aelwyndaeira

I LOVE this! I've been looking for a look with a violet colour for a wedding I'm going to. I'll have to give this a try!

clap.gif