Stila brushes

turtle_pixie_

Tell me all about them
smiles.gif
How do they compare to MACs? I feel they are the same quality if not better, but I can't decide on MAC or Stilas foundation brush!

Isis

Personaly I have mostly smashbox brushes (foundation brush included) But if I had to chose between MAC and stila's I'd probably go with MAC if it's a natural bristle, which it looks like it is. The stila brush is a Taklon fiber.
That's just my preference
smiles.gif

chelssea

I have the Stila powder brush and it is the softest brush i have ever felt. I couldn't compare it to mac, since I don't have it..but I can't imagine anything being softer than stila's. It applies powder beautifully, even though mine recently started shedding >
ssad.gif

hinna

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ
Personaly I have mostly smashbox brushes (foundation brush included) But if I had to chose between MAC and stila's I'd probably go with MAC if it's a natural bristle, which it looks like it is. The stila brush is a Taklon fiber.
That's just my preference
smiles.gif

If you are using a liquid foundation, I would actually recommend the synthetic fibred brush. Natural hairs work best with powder/dry products, picking up the product and applying it evenly to your face. Natural haired brushes for foundation, creams however, absorb the product and therefore waste product, make your brushes harder/more effort to clean and don't make the application easier. I'd personally recommend the Estee Lauder foundation brush, it has a beautiful graduated shape and has a lovely sized head so as to cover a substantial area at a time, while still being able to precisely get into all the "corners". I hear the Lancome also gets high recommendations, which I believe is constructed from pony hair and so ultimately i imagine it's just a matter of preference. Concerning Mac and Stila, i'd recommend the latter for it's higher quality and workmanship, tho i believe the Mac is in fact synthetic too
smiles.gif

n_j_t

I have the #5 brush, and I'm happy with it. I don't really know about MAC brushes though, so I couldn't compare.

Laverne

I have a few MAC brushes and a few Stila brushes, and I'm very happy with all of them. I can accomplish some effects with Stila brushes that I can't with MAC and vice versa. Both brands are of excellent quality, and I think it really is a matter of personal preference.

Beautiful1

I Am Really Interested In Stila's All Over Eyeshadow Brush That Jude Used For Her Tutorial It Does An Excellent Job In Blending Eyeshadows
smiles.gif

Beautiful1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxychika1014
what kind of brush is the #5?

It Is An All Over Eyeshadow Brush It Was A Suggestion From Jude When I Ask Her About Her Gothic Tutorial
smiles.gif

glamella

I actually like MAC brushes the least. I love Stila and Laura Mercier brushes. They get the job done!

Sophia84

I love love Stila brushes!! I have the #24 for applying blush and loose powder,It's double ended and it's a HG brush! I also have #4 eyeliner brush, #5 large e/s brush, #20 angled e/s brush double ended and yesterday I bought the #26 Concealer brush!

Isis

LOL I've actually gotten rid of all of my smashbox brushes and gone almost entirely with stila. I'm absolutelly in love with them.

ben

i have 2 stila brushes, the no. 15 and 20

i LOVE the 15 and use both ends, the wider end i use to brush shadow all over the lid and the pointed end i used for application to the crease....since it's very soft it's easy to work with.

i am not a big fan of the 20 though : |

bebs

I have almost all mac brushes and a few from stila and I love both, stila is a little bit less then mac if your going with the prices, but the quality is great in both. I've had my mac brushes for years and they are still looking like brand new, I've only had my stila brushes for a few months at best and they are great to. If I had to do it all over again I think I would still go with mac because I love them.

Butterfly Princess

I have Stila #9 and it is the best for blending. I also have the 217 Mac one but it depends what your after. I am not sure between foundation brushes

fredinbed

i have the #8 powder brush and it is amazing, so soft and silky.

i'm also planning on the #9 or blending, #4 for lining and #21 possibly for blush. the face brushes are expensive though
ssad.gif

Sophia84

I have to add the amazing foundation brush the #27, it's small but sooo helpful!!! I love it, it makes my fndt look flawless!