Stila Illuminating Concealer

Kgal

Just curious of your thoughts on this new concealer. I have it and like it in that it doesn't cake at all, but it doesn't seem to cover as much as I'd hoped (dark circkles).

misswillow

I use it under my eyes and on red areas, as I usually just wear a light powdering of IPF. I also like that it blends beautifully and doesn't cake. I agree the coverage isn't very dense or opaque - it definately wouldn't work on blemishes - but I like that it very softly makes the area glow, so even though it may not cover my bags it does make me look more awake anyway???

trisha

to be honest, ive never found a concealer that covered dark circles completely and if it did, it looked too cakey and just sat on the skin! im come to the conclusion that less is more under the eyes and the ILC is perfect for reflecting the light!

skygirl77

I love this concealor! It's very similiar to YSL's Touche Eclat... I think it hides shadows WAYYY better than a heavy duty cover-up IMO. The consistency (thin) can be a little different to get used to but this is a wonderful product.
thmbup.gif

martygreene

To conceal discolorations/dark circles/redness you're really best-off using a corrector first, and then seeing if you need concealor. This will end up more natural and accomplish your goal much easier. I've suggested to Stila before that they make corrector tones, and hope that they will release some soon.

I actually have horrible, horrible dark circles and I found that the illuminating concealer worked wonderfully for them. I use a Bare Escentuals concealer brush and dab it on, set it with a light coating of the illuminating powder and it stays all day and doesn't crease or look really made up.