stila shadow pans problem

splattergirl

recently I've purchased on ebay a refillable palette like this

55cc_1.JPG

only to find that my dual shadows don't find, partially breaking my Orchid! I contacted the seller thinking something was wrong with the palette and bought two others from another seller to find out all of them had the same problem and someone told me I should get those little one-shadow round boxes, I got two as a present and those fit perfectly! so, it seems this palette in the picture was meant only for the mono shadows, pity no description on ebay says this...
I am sorry if someone already opened a topic about this problem! has anyone else encountered it yet?
th_dunno.gif

Bernadette120

this is truly annoying cuz i have to keep my dual shadow in its plastic case...which it also doesnt fit in. i wont buy another dual shadow and don't use the one i have that often.

astronaut

There's nothing wrong with the palette. The issue was brought up to Stila when the duo shadows came out. I think they either released new pans that allowed the duos to fit or had the duos resized. I believe they fit into the aluminum refill pot, but very snugly. Aparantly they fit into the paper ones.

According to the Stila site:
stila cosmetics - eyes - eye shadow duos

Quote:
FYI: These duos do not fit inside our multiple pan compacts.

I wouldn't hold it against the sellers.

Nicala

Ah for the dual shadows you have to use the single compacts
ssad.gif
Then the single ones fit well in the palette.
It's a real pain!

splattergirl

thanks everyone! I am not from the US so I didn't know about the issue, there is only one sephora in my country and I can't buy those single pans there so it was worrying me a bit but then, there is a very nice ebay seller whose regular customer I am, and she'll send me 4 of those for free
cutey.gif

if anyone finds out if they started to make those pans for three duals, plmk
heart.gif
th_wiggle2.gif