Stila vs. MAC foundations

bai_xue

I broke out horribly with all of MAC's foundations and I've been thinking about trying Stila's...
Are Stila's foundations easier on sensitive skin? Or should I look at another brand?

syren

Some MAC foundations break me out horribly (like Skin Tint and SFF) - I switched to the new Stila Oil Free a month or so ago and it hasn't caused any problems so far. It is a tad bit dry for me, I think I really need a moisturizing formula, but theirs are sparkly. The colors are nice (I'm fair and yellow toned) but the coverage isn't as good as SFF.

Arella

I don't own Stila foundation, but I'm also allergic to MAC and the few times I've worn Stila (the Illuminating Foundation, which comes in both powder and liquid and looks lovely) I haven't had a reaction. I personally use Laura Mercier, but I wouldn't disregard Stila.

Sophia84

Yeah Stila's fndt and powders and the TM are much much much better for sensitive skins! I hate Mac face products since a terrible broke out I had from Studio Fix since my skin is sensitive with lots of resness! Many samples I tried of Stila fndts and TM and the powder I have my skin loves them! But many of them are sheer, but I haven't try the new one the Natural Finish which have medium coverage not sheer and I heard is light and not cakey so I want to try this one too!

Jessica

Oh, I adore Stila's Illuminating powder foundation. Though I am partial to LM tinted moisturizer
smiles.gif

bai_xue

Thanks sooo much for the input!!! I talked to one of the Stila artists and sent a pic of myself & she recommended the Illuminating Liquid Foundation. Ooohh! I can't wait to try it!!!!

bernice

Hi everyone,
I actually just purchased Kevyn Aucoin foundation earlier this week and I normally have quite dry sensitive skin. 13 hours later and my face still feels like I have just put primer on.! Its hard to use, but fantastic stuf. Prescriptives is also quite good but too many colour ranges to choose from..!
Have you tried Napoleon foundation.?

runtagua

stila foundations

I used to wear Studio Fix, but then I discovered IPF... and I never looked back.

Stila's TM is also the most amazing TM I have tried. Way better than LM or BB. Every foundation of stila's that I have tried has been wonderful - Though oilier gals might not like the Illuminating Liquid. The perfecting foundation stick is also very nice for spot-coverage.

misswillow

Another "yay" over here.

I have dry and sensitive skin and never found a MAC foundation that worked for me. In contrast, I've never found a Stila foundation that doesn't work for me
greengrin.gif
I use the IPF every day, for a little coverage the pivotal skin, and for special occasions the ILF (and I dust the IPF over both the PS and ILF). Apparently the oil free is lovely too
smiles.gif

hickle

Stila's illuminating powder foundation is the only foundation I've used for the past 7 or 8 years now. I would highly recommend it because of it's versatility. You can use it with a sponge, wet or dry, or put it on a brush and apply it as a loose powder. Also, my skin is kind of olive to begin with, and all their foundations have a yellowish tone to them (which is a great thing!).

DCJPFan

I have sensitive, extremely acne-prone skin. However, I have never had a problem with Stila's foundations. I use both the illuminating liquid foundation and the illuminating powder foundation and they work great. I haven't had very good luck with Mac's foundations as well.

Bre

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernice

Have you tried Napoleon foundation.?

I haven't tried Napoleon foundation but I bought a bunch of pencils of e-bay and they were really poor quality - hard to get on and smudgy off. I won't use them at all now

ette

Studio Fix is the only one that works for me. I have yellow-olive skin so Stila's is good for me, but they only make tones in that family.