Storage Ideas for UK

melliquor

Hey everybody... I am stuck on what to do for storage of my makeup. I am currently using 4 boxes, drawers, from Ikea but have run out of room in them. Everything is piling up and crammed. What does everybody use to store their makeup?

I have attached a few pics to show you what I have been doing. I use little containers for my lippies and glosses and I don't even put my e/s in anywhere except for on top of the shelf in my fireplace. I need help.

005-3.jpg

I put all of my loose e/s, pigments, blushes, paintpots, and MSFs in the drawers on top of my dressers. My bags are in the small drawers in my dresser.

006-4.jpg

I have all my lippies, glosses, e/l, l/l, and palettes on top of fireplace shelf.

Please LMK if you have any storage ideas for me. Thanks in advance.

*K_87*

In B&Q they have tool boxes that have loads of compartments to store make up. The best thing about it is that you can choose the size of the different compartments. I think I got mine for £20.
They are exactly the same as the 'St Tropez beauty boxes' but half the price. HTH!

melliquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseVanity

I used to keep it all in the MAC black makeup bag thing on my dresser but since my collection kept growing I decided to buy one of those plastic drawer things everyone seems to have.

Where do you buy the plastic drawers next to your vanity? That would be ideal. I have never seen those sold anywhere.

glam8babe

Well i keep most of my 'everyday' makeup here:
stored.jpg

i have one of those pink plastic drawers that jesse has but i got mine from NEXT homeware its really good and its where i keep my 'other makeup' like stuff i dont use everyday and other brands.
Sometime this year im getting my other bedroom re-decorated and making it into a dressing room with a big vanity table, wardrobe etc. and i wanna get a nail polish rack to put my polish's on and pigments so it'll be like my own lil salon lol

if you go to Staples, Stationary Box, WHsmith you can find lots of cute storage peices like mini draws n stuff which are really ideal

dollypink

i got some clear pink plastic boxes from whsmiths for mine, i have a small one for all my mac shadows, then a larger one that everything else gets put in. pretty cheap too - a couple of quid each

red

OMG, love that vanity table, it's so pretty and feminine
th_wink3.gif

I went back to the "drawer" system
greengrin.gif
, found some wood cigar boxes and use them for storage. Plus bought this cool brush holder for under $10 (available at artist supply stores) that closes like a book, and you can take it with you
thmbup.gif

I also purchased those little trays you use in the office for pen & pencils to store my eyeliner/lip liners/mascaras

100_7428.jpg

100_7431.jpg

100_7429.jpg

MAC_addiction<3

i've got the ikea MALM vanity dressing table like i know a few others have aswell. Haven't got round to putting my make-up in it eyt though as my bedrooms being decorated atm
smiles.gif
ive currently got it all in my big silver traincase. When it's all put in though i'll have to take some pics to show you.
have a look in this section of specktra if you haven't already:
Stash Stats & Storage - Specktra.Net
you should get some inspiration there
smiles.gif

x

foxynats

^^ I have the Malm dressing table from Ikea as well.
It has a really large pull out draw split into sections which is great to cram all the MAC goodies in.
thmbup.gif

xx

Luceuk

I have the MALM dressing table but mine doesn't have the drawer to pull out. I got mine a few years ago so I think that version wasn't out then.

melliquor

Thanks for all the ideas. I think I will go back to Ikea and see what they have as well as Staples. I really need to organise. I can't get to anything.

MAC_addiction<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxynats
^^ I have the Malm dressing table from Ikea as well.
It has a really large pull out draw split into sections which is great to cram all the MAC goodies in.
thmbup.gif

xx

i know its greatt
smiles.gif
i cant wait to get all my stuff emptied into itt
funnnn
greengrin.gif

Latest posts