Strange Hybrid invite

girlstar

Hey girls,

I just recieved the Strange Hybrid invite today for MAC Pro Toronto. I didn't get a chance to call tonight, but I am going to try to call tomorrow and hopefully I can still get in. My question is, what do I expect? I have never been to one before. More importantly, what should I wear?
winks.gif

strangehybrid1.jpg

strangehybrid2.jpg

BlahWah

My co-worker received one too, so we'll be going down together. We'll probably see you there. I'm so excited! I've wanted to get my own cuz I know I'm in their database, but for some reason she always gets them and I get none.
ssad.gif
Anyhoo, I don't know what to wear either, something casual but nice, probably. My co-worker mentioned something about cocktails, and the slight chance fo samples, but she's never been to one either so she doesn't know.

greatscott2000

I just received a Strange Hybrid invite via e-mail for the Plaza Bonita store.. anyone else from SD recieve an invite?

glittergoddess27

Okay I just got an "E-vite" too,.. Come on MAC I want a real invite,.. Oh and I usually dress casual but go all out on the makeup,.. on time though I made the mistake of having on all black,.. went there from work,.. and I kept getting people all over me,.. wanting help,.. LOL. Thought I worked there,..One of my fav MA's said I may as well have helped them,.. know jsut as much or more about the products,.. LOL. Anyway,.. I wont wear all black again,.. least not unless I decide to try out for freelancing there,...

Ooops,.. additional thought,.. last couple unveiling events I have been to had Liquor,. which was listed on the invite (had to provide ID at the store,.. which was shut to public) and little canapes,.. walked around with a pull list and marked what I wanted,.. MA's all over the place demonstrating,... pretty fun,... and uber chic.

stephbunny

Ooh! i got the same invite (TORONTO!) I RSVPed already. i can't wait. I'm planning to arrive at 7:30...when i RSVPed, they asked me which 1/2 slot i wanted to be in. sounds exclusive! it's going to be my first mac party too! what time are you going to be there?

BlahWah

cheerleader.gif
This is going to be so much fun! Meeting up w/ Specktrettes AND our first MAC party! My friend rsvp'd, so I didn't know about the different time slots, but I think we'll be there by 7 p.m. I don't think I'll buy much - trying to save for C-Shock! - but it'll be great just to soak up the MAC-ness.
eyelove.gif

Wait, just before I get toooo excited (as if I'm not already), we're all talking about the Queen St. location, right?

stephbunny

Wait, just before I get toooo excited (as if I'm not already), we're all talking about the Queen St. location, right?[/quote]

yes yes, the queen street pro store! yay! i can't wait.

girlstar

Yup, Queen! I'm also at the 7pm timeslot.. I'm going with my Aunt who is the only other MAC addict I know!
smiles.gif

Yay!!!!!!!!

BlahWah

Whew, just got back from the party and it was tons of fun! I met stephbunny and found we have a mutual acquaintance! 2 glasses of champagne (or bubbly wine), yum yum.. *lol* Good thing I had to take the subway before driving! Lots of people around and lots of food, but I was too full from dinner to try anything (never too full for alcohol, of course =P). I didn't get much from the collection, just Moonflower and Flowerplay, which I'll put up swatches for hopefully tonight.

I might end up getting Seedling e/s, now that a MA told me how to use it (blending out bolder colours), and Hothouse l/g, if I get the courage, lol! Fertile looks quite close to Entremauve, tho more matte-ish. Floral Fantasy reminded me of Stars 'n' Rockets, as others have said, and, without direct comparison, of Endless Love. Rose Blanc I really wanted, but it's dead-on Magic Dust to me.

I didn't pay much attention to the rest of the lipsticks or glosses, tho my friend, a neutral fan, got First Bloom, which I'm considering now too. XD The blushes I didn't bother with, since they look like other perm blushes IMO.

Jade M

I went to the Soho event tonight. Arrgh, I hate it when they cram so many people into such a small space.

I ended up getting:
Flowerplay LS
Hothouse LG
Fertile ES
Seedling ES
Jardin Aires Pigment
Pink D'Lush Slim Shine

Plus not from the collection I got:

Underage LG
Toast of the Town NP
Light Studio Mist Foundation

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade M
I went to the Soho event tonight. Arrgh, I hate it when they cram so many people into such a small space.

I ended up getting:
Flowerplay LS
Hothouse LG
Fertile ES
Seedling ES
Jardin Aires Pigment
Pink D'Lush Slim Shine

Plus not from the collection I got:

Underage LG
Toast of the Town NP
Light Studio Mist Foundation

I was there too, it was a zoo. I got there at 7 and left by 7:20.
weeping.gif

stephbunny

hey it's superfun to meet fellow specktraettes!! my friend who tagged along with me thought the best part of the event was listening to me and BlahWah babble about mac products....ooh, it was so fun! I didn't get anything...I'm on a shopping diet ..saving up for C-shock, and it was a bit too crowded to actually purchase anything. The flowerplay l/s looks gorgeous though!

Taj

I just wonder if any of you would go to MAC without MU ? ? ? How can I try on the products with a full make-up?

BlahWah

My friend went without makeup - well, neutral - but I'm not as pretty as her and can't go around barefaced! Especially to a MAC party. I know most of what will work for me, tho, so swatching on the back of my hand is fine. I don't usually like to have them try things directly on my eye, tho, unless I know I can go home right away and wash it off if I don't like it.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephbunny
hey it's superfun to meet fellow specktraettes!! my friend who tagged along with me thought the best part of the event was listening to me and BlahWah babble about mac products....ooh, it was so fun! I didn't get anything...I'm on a shopping diet ..saving up for C-shock, and it was a bit too crowded to actually purchase anything. The flowerplay l/s looks gorgeous though!

Hey Steph!
wavey.gif
Yeah, it was fun talking MAC with you! Finally someone who doesn't give me a weird look when I talk about gloss! My friend isn't as fanatical as I am with MAC, she's more of a normal customer, lol! Good to see you tho, and Mary too! I hope she buys something and likes it!

And Flowerplay is quite lovely, I'm planning on debuting it tomorrow! I was originally thinking of doing neutrals, but... what the heck. =P

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
The blushes I didn't bother with, since they look like other perm blushes IMO.

Oooh...which perm blush is similar in shade to Fleurry, and is it less frosty? I keep hearing how frosty both SH blushes are even though they told me in a MAC Live Chat that it was minimal in Fleurry. :confused:

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Oooh...which perm blush is similar in shade to Fleurry, and is it less frosty? I keep hearing how frosty both SH blushes are even though they told me in a MAC Live Chat that it was minimal in Fleurry. :confused:

To be honest, I wouldn't be able to say as I was basing more on the colour than the texture. That's a good note tho. I'll be checking it out tomorrow tho at the counter, unless that'll be too late/redundant.