strange looking swatches

sleepyhead

ladies, what do you think of these swatches? some of the colors look strange (especially deep purple, deep blue green, and rose gold). do you think it might just be the lighting/shrinking, or the pigments are fake? (pic is not mine)

weirdswatches.jpg

and what about this pigment? it's supposedly green brown, but the color looks so wong, and the print on the jar is sudged during printing or something

fakeGB1.jpg

fakeGB.jpg

thank you very much

panda0410

more than willing to bet that green brown is fake!!

as for the swatches, they ALL look off to me, bright fuschia is much more vivid than that - BUT they look like they might have been applied wet???

coachkitten

I am 99.9% sure that is not green brown. Mine looks nothing like that! Unless something is seriously wrong with the camera it has to be a fake.

Xqueeze_me

The texture seems wrong. Are those flattened balls on top of the pigment? Metal pigments don't ball up, from experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
what about these. is it just me or are these the "shiny lid" fakes? all pics of rose gold

rosegold2-1.jpg

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
The texture seems wrong. Are those flattened balls on top of the pigment? Metal pigments don't ball up, from experience.

that's what i told the seller, but she's VERY convinced that she's selling the real stuff...

Xqueeze_me

I wouldn't be surprised if they are the updated fakes.

Naked is not that white.
Deep Purple looks like that fake one I just analysed. It doesn't have the purple sheen on it.
Bright Fuchsia should be a darker pink than that.
Rose Gold should be darker.
Deep Blue Green is completely OFF.
Tan looks like a darker version of Apricot Pink. It should be brown??

Like someone mentioned before, we can't judge whether its fake or not by the colours, etc etc BUT I have to say the swatches are way off!

Quote:

weirdswatches.jpg

The Green Brown pigment just after the swatches look like sh!t.

panda0410

Quote:
that's what i told the seller, but she's VERY convinced that she's selling the real stuff...

no way, these are FAKE!!! i have rose gold as this isnt it
nonono.gif

MACATTAK

Agreed with everyone else. This is not Rose Gold!! Also, all of my metal pigments have NEVER come that full! Since they are heavier pigments they usually come 1/2 to 3/4 full.

Ambonee

I took some pictures. Hope they help
smiles.gif
All of these were purchased at a MAC counter or store.

Same order as the original picture posted...

Open Jars:

I was trying to get a better picture of Rose Gold, hence the reason for two pics.

And here is my Green Brown Pigment.

I would have put normal pics but didn't want to go over the size limit. I HATE thumbnails but they'll have to do.
smiles.gif
Feel free to use them if you want to send them to the seller. Hope this helped
winks.gif