Strapless dress + Big boobs. Doable, or hopeless wish?

QueenOfSnark

I <3 the new, fun strapless dresses for summer I'm seeing everywhere, but the problem is that is that I have much larger "tracts of land" then the average lady. Can I wear one of these dresses as a 34DD (US size)? I used to be a 36G but I lost a decent amount of weight recently. I may even be a little bigger than a DD but I know I'm smaller than a G now.

(If I ever hear someone complain about having small breasts, they tend to get the glare o' doom from me. I've never been able to get bras under $60, wear one of those cute cheap triangle bikinis, and I haven't worn anything strapless since I was seven. And let's not even get into sports bras!)

Thanks a bunch!

n_c

I am also a 34DD and think its hopeless, sorry
ssad.gif

JustAddSparkles

Another 34DD here and I've had no luck thus far. They always seem to slide off. Maybe we should invent a type of bra that has an outer layer of sticky material to hold the dress up? haha

Meisje

There is a Canadian chain called Jacob and they have some really, really great strapless bras. I have large "tracts of land" myself and they kept me up.

You could also try a longline strapless bra (I have no idea about THIS one, I just wanted to show you what one looks like) as they give more support and cannot roll down:
Flattering Me Bra Long Line Strapless Bras Lingerie

marusia

38F before I got pregnant, don't want to know now. I practically need cable ties to hold me up, but sometimes I can find a decent strapless bra.

purrtykitty

I got a pretty decent strapless bra from Felina. It was expensive though.

I don't think it's completely hopeless. I wore a strapless bridesmaid dress last year and was fine. I also have a couple of other strapless ones. I think ones that are made with stretchy material (like jersey) are probably best because it's easier to find a size to fit the girls. Oh, and I'm just a little above the DD range.

User38

34D and I have given up -- I shake, rattle and roll when I wear a strapless and one time one of my boobs actually jumped out of the bra!

Shadowy Lady

I have never found a strapless bra that works for me, they def don't offer any support for D cup or larger. I'm a 36D right now and the only way I can wear strapless dresses is with clear strap bras. I'm still looking though
smiles.gif
I prefer the strapless look to the clear strap look

QueenOfSnark

Thanks for all the ideas ladies! I never thought of the whole getting another bra strap thing. I wonder if it would be too obvious...

Thanks again!

CajunFille'

I hear ya ladies! I'm a skinny girl with some big girls, 32D. If one more bold ass girl asks me if I have implants I'm going to scream. My doctor even asked me that! I don't see her anymore, lol. I haven't given up on those cute summer dresses, but have stuck with the ones with the spaghetti straps. I usually wear them with the clear straps or if I have a bra to match the straps I will wear that one. I would love to find one of those long line ones, but it is a bitch to find any bra in my size. Victoria's Secret just started stocking a nice selection that I can wear, finally.

mizuki~

I'm a 34D, used to be a DD, as well (dang we need a support group or something lol) and what I usually do is put clear straps on my bra and tape/pin the dress to the bra. Sounds kinda stupid but hey, it works!

Or if it would look right, I'd just sew in straps myself. Not a huge fan of the strapless look anyway.

QueenOfSnark

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunFille'
Victoria's Secret just started stocking a nice selection that I can wear, finally.

I hear ya! I used to have to avoid that store but now I can FINALLY wear some of their cute bras. Of course they're still overly expensive...ah well.

PBunnieP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunFille'
I hear ya ladies! I'm a skinny girl with some big girls, 32D. If one more bold ass girl asks me if I have implants I'm going to scream. My doctor even asked me that! I don't see her anymore, lol. I haven't given up on those cute summer dresses, but have stuck with the ones with the spaghetti straps. I usually wear them with the clear straps or if I have a bra to match the straps I will wear that one. I would love to find one of those long line ones, but it is a bitch to find any bra in my size. Victoria's Secret just started stocking a nice selection that I can wear, finally.

We're the same size! 32D!
I'm wondering how you deal with finding tops/dresses that fit?
Usually, when they fit my waist/rest of me but dont fit the in the chest and ones' that do fit the chest are too big everywhere else. It also doesn't help that I'm only 5'2 and things dont fit length-wise either. Right now my day to day routine is just anything stretchable but I'd like some other options too.

aroseisarose

my boobs aren't as big as most of the ppl here but imo strapless dresses mean no support whatsoever. it doesn't matter if you have a strapless bra underneath, again imo pointless. you get absolutely no lift. i hate that
angry.gif
. so basically unless you are an a or aa cup, i really don't think strapless is a good look
nope.gif
, sorry.

kaliraksha

You might have some luck finding a strapless dress with a good built in bra... something a little more shaped... but it might take the fun out of the casual summer dresses you were mentioning. I'm not quite as chesty as most of you ladies, but it's the only way I can handle a strapless.

~Crystal~

Doable for short periods of time with a GOOD strapless with some adjusting every now and then- try Panache, Berlei or Finelines for these... but certainly not for extended lengths of time!!

If you think 32D is bad, try 30FF-G lol

P.S. Also HATE the implants comment- especially from guys!! omg... just coz i'm asian and can wear a size 2... geez...

silentstorm143

Haha you guys think dd and f are big try being 44 H US size I have no choice but to squeeze the girls in smaller bras. Good luck to those still trying to find a way into strapless dresses I have given up.