Stretchmarks/cellulite concerns

DoeEyedGirl

I am 24 and have 5 month old identical twin boys. My sons are beautiful but the battle scars are less so...any suggestions on treatments or products to minimize or eliminate stretch marks?

LTB

Whats the best lotion or body butter to use what pregnant?

Hi everyone I am just new on here and I was wondering what is the best lotion to use to help prevent stretch marks when pregnant? Right now I am using The body shop cocoa butter moisturizing stick at night and I use Aveeno lotion in the morning. I was just wondering if there is anything better to use. I do not have any stretch marks yet but I still have the last 3 months to go. I was just wondering if there was anything better? Thanks

luvme4me

i am not sure but i know your soupposed to slather on ALOTTT I had a friedn who would go thru a tube every 2 days congrats too!

LTB

THANKS everyone you have helped out a lot. I know i go through a lot of the stuff form the body shop. Thanks again.

kat1e

My mom says that she used almond oil body lotion when she was pregnant. She has no (or almost no) stretch marks at all and it smells amazing too...
Also use a loofah thing when you're in the shower...
smiles.gif

MACreation

strechmarks/cellulite?? HELP!!

I have some weird uneven colored (lighter colored than my skintone) lines on my bum bum, and i wanna get rid of them, please help!!! I think it's stretchmarks..

martygreene

If they are stretch-marks, then there isn't really anything that you can do once you have them. Stretch-marks are scar tissue from where the skin does not grow at the same speed as the body part that it is encompassing, and stretches the connective tissues causing scarring. Stretch marks can be minimized during the time when they are being created (growth spurts, pregnancy, etc.) with such things as vitamin E oil and cocoa butter, but once they are there just like any other scar tissue, there isn't a whole lot that can be done about them.

DoeEyedGirl

I have to disagree. I had major stretch marks from giving birth to twins and although I can't completely get rid of them, I have seen unbelievable results. I use Arbonne's Thermal Fusion Papaya Enzyme Mask to exfoliate...and I use SriVectin. You have to be consistent about using the products but they do work! I also don't really think that you can prevent stretch marks...I slathered on every vitamin e and cocoa butter product out there...I think it is more genetic. People that didn't get any and used the lotions attributed it to the product but I have the sneaking suspicion that they probably wouldn't have gotten them either way.

DoeEyedGirl

I had twins! I think a lot of it depends on genetics and how much you gain...obviously with multiples I did get stretch marks...and I slathered on everything! But, there is good news...if you do get stretch marks....wait til after you are done breastfeeding and try Arbonne's Thermal Fusion Mask and also SriVectin....AMAZING RESULTS! I should have taken before and after pics.

DoeEyedGirl

Pretty soon after giving birth but I waited until I was no longer breastfeeding (6 weeks) because I didn't want it to transfer into my breastmilk. I saw results pretty fast with the SriVectin...within days the color started to fade. I used the Arbonne Thermal Fusion afterwards which really seemed to help with the texture. I had stretch marks all over my abdomen, but nowhere else so I can't say for sure how it would work elsewhere. I also am fair-skinned so gain I am not sure how it will work on deeper skin tones. Just thought I'd share.

perpetuallycute

I would think that using something like almond oil or pure cocoa butter would do the trick.
Also, bath and body works has a new cocoa butter cream specifically for stretch marks/stretch mark prevention.
I got stretch marks out of nowhere (I think its this new birth control pill messing with me) and I use that b&bw's stuff and pure cocoa butter that I melted into a little push up container and it seems to be helping a lot

Isis

The most awesome topical cream I've ever found for Cellulite is Poetic Cosmetic's FatGirl Slim. I swear by that stuff! check Sephora and Bliss.com for it. $25 per jar.

ms.criss

ive had marks on my belly for 2 and a half years now, at first iused cocoa butter but i stopped so i still have em ... i think im gunna try that biotherm one along with a lot of sit ups to tighten my belly ( thats where i got em )