Studio Fix Fluid help

KTB

I'm currently using Mineralize Satinfinish but am finisin gthat by the end of the day I'm lookng a little greasy and that it totally highlight any dry spots or pores on my cheeks (
thmbdn.gif
)

I've heard such great things on here about Studio Fix Fluid that I'm thinking about trying it. My questions are:
-is it okay for dry skin? (I've heard differing opinions)
-what colour would I be? Im currently mixing NW20 and NW25 in Satinfinish b/c neither are quite right for me. I wear NW25 in Select Tint.

Any help would be fabulous!!

ETA - my other difficulty is not having a counter or store close to me (I have to drive 1.5 hours) so trying them and samples are tough
ssad.gif

contrabassoon

I experienced the same thing with Mineralize satinfinish, so I went back to Studio Fix Fluid. If you do want to give Studio Fix Fluid a try I would suggest getting a sample first, and make sure you moisturize before putting it on so it doesn't look powdery.

Girl about town

I adore studio fix fluid and i have combination skin, with the right skin prep it looks great,but if skin is a bit scaly or dry it can cake a bit in areas.As contrabasoon says as long as you moisturise well it should be fine x

Girl about town

also i meant to say i have heard studio fix fluid runs a bit darker than the other foundations in the line, so i would check them out in person x

browneyedbaby

I suffer from dry skin, and dry patches. I'm probably on about my 4th bottle of Studio Fix Fluid and it's been fine with my skin. Like any other foundation though a good skincare regime is key for it to look its best when applied.

Let your moisturiser sink in for about 5/10 minutes before applying, I also use a primer as this seem to help too. You can also perhaps use a quick spritz of fix+ during the day if you feel that your skin is looking/feeling a little dry. HTH

KTB

browneyedbaby that's awesome to hear since I too have dry patches sometimes. I've changed my skincare regime which seems to be helping but it's good to hear someone else has positive experiences with it.

Hmm maybe I'll try to convince some of my friend's who live closer to MAC than I do to get me a sample if they can
smiles.gif

browneyedbaby

Yep def' try a sample, hope you get on ok with it!! Oh apply it with a brush and buff it well (I use a 187), it doesn't seem to built up on the drier patches as much.

KTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedbaby
Yep def' try a sample, hope you get on ok with it!! Oh apply it with a brush and buff it well (I use a 187), it doesn't seem to built up on the drier patches as much.

I've got one of those so I should be good to go. Now I must go hunt down a sample
greengrin.gif

CantAffordMAC

When I went to MAC the other day, he was telling me about how good shape/sculpt looks with foundation on. Then i told him I used studio fix powder and he said "Awww...you should use studio fix fluid, as a matter of fact I'll put it on you"

So he did. And it looked great (Isn't it weird how no matter what, our makeup never looks as good as when a MAC artist does it) He used a 109 brush (a little small but he just used it around my nose and cheek area) I loved it and I may buy it. But I noticed that the next day my nose was really dry...it was peeling. I'm not sure if its from the SFF or what. it seems weird that it would cause that (my face had been washed and everything)

Simply Elegant

When I use it in the winter, I spray some of LUSH's eau roma toner in with it. It doesn't sheer it down a lot but it makes it glide on more smoothly and look nicer and that way it won't dry out my skin.